"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 4, 2011

a sweet thing....

Hey there!!   Here with a card for the Shabby Tea Room.  I used the current Mojo Monday sketch so I will be linking the card up with that, as well.  Once, again, we were provided with a beautiful inspirational photo at the Tea Room and I chose to go with the fall colors to be found in that photo.



The Mojo sketch was the perfect opportunity to use my Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily die (say that three times fast!).    The great thing about making your own doily is that you can use whatever type of paper/cardstock you want.  Today I decided to use some plaid paper from PaperTrey Ink to make my doily and I love how it turned out!  The little flower was created by stamping a small Heartfelt Creations Aztec Gold Sunflower image twice on Rustic Cream cardstock using Gathered Twigs distress ink and then applying Scattered Straw and Wild Honey distress inks.   The little flowers were then trimmed out, cuts made between each petal, the petals shaped and then the flowers layered together.   Diamond Glaze was applied to the center of the flower and then I applied this neat product called Elements to the center.  Elements is kinda like glitter, but bit more chunky.   The red leaves were die cut using a Sizzix die.   The sentiment is from the Flourishes Gerbera Daisies set and was stamped Rustic Cream cardstock and then diecut using a Spellbinders Label 10 die.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic Cream; SU! Pumpkin Pie & More Mustard; PTI PP; Dies:  Spellbinders, Sizzix & Cheery Lynn; Inks:  Gathered Twigs, Scattered Straw & Wild Honey DI; Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations & Flourishes; Embellishments:  Elements

16 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

oh I love that sketch. You collage stuff so well Rosi. Love love that flower!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Love your sunflower Rosie, it looks amazing.
Smiles:)

Cindy Holshouser said...

Soooo pretty. That sunflower steels the show.

Elise said...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii, ROSEBUD! {Sorry for the long absence - again!} THIS card is like a breath of AUTUMN air - PERFECTION! So wonderful to see you stunning-up the joint! I hope to get more time to catch up tomorrow!!! LOVE ya, girl! xoxo!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely breathtaking!!!!! Love the flower

Michelle said...

Love the plaid doily, Rosemary! Gorgeous sunflower! Beautiful!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your flower is gorgeous! Love the doiley too!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful design Rosie love the flower!
Val x

sheila said...

Oooooohh....this is stunning Rosemary. The colors are gorgeous and your layout is perfect. You have a real flair!

velta said...

Oh how awesome Rosemary! I have been browsing, since I haven't been around lately and your artwork is stunning. I notice on this flower and the leaf card below that these images "shine." Am I missing what you are using to make them shine? Gotta Love It!!

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful once again! xx

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary. Love the colors and the flower.

Greta said...

I've never seen a doily die--what a great idea! I love the effect you got w the pp. The whole card is another study in perfect composition & color! Love what you do, Rosemary!

Christine said...

What a beauty and I love that sentiment!
Christine

Brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rosemary! I love the colours of course, but I really adore the stamped doily and your beautiful flower!

Lisa Lara said...

I love your dp doily Rosi.