"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thank You...

Hey there... happy Friday!  Hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving day!  I know my family did!!  Now its time to start getting ready for Christmas...YAY!!  I love Christmas!  But today I have probably one final fall-type card.   This one is for the current Shabby Tea Room challenge to use the colors provided in a gorgeous inspiration photo.    The layout for the card comes from Sketchbook Saturday.  If you haven't checked out Chupa's sketches... you really should!  She always has super fun sketches!



The only stamping on the card is the sentiment which is from a Hero Arts/Basic Grey set (Luscious Frame).  Lots of diecutting and punching, though.   I tried to pull alot of colors from the inspiration photo and combine them in a pleasing manner. (And hopefully I succeeded!) The patterned papers are from PTI (Autumn Abundance) and DCWV (Christmas stack).   The flower was made using the Spellbinders Carnation Creations dies and I'm going to be honest... I don't like this set of dies as well as I like the Spellbinders Rose Creations dies.  But I think the flower turned out okay.  I used the red burlap strip to help break things up a bit.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft; PP:  PTI & DCWV; Ink:  Memento Tangelo; Dies:  Spellbinders circle die, Carnation Creations dies; Sizzix Leaf die; Red Burlap; EK Success punch; Stamps:  Hero Arts

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Beau-ti-ful, Rosie!!! So very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us all in the Tea Room :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well I am so pleased that you entered this Challenge Rosie,so good luck to the both of us I say, and I am doubly pleased you stayed away from the yellow/green palette!!!!!
I love the wild abandonment that this card portrays, and I am impressed with your choice of BG I would not have thought of using a PP. One of my faults when there is an inspirational pic is that I tend to be too literal.
You have used your artistic qualities to full advantage and produced an excellent piece. Chupa will be delighted with your take on her sketch too.
Smiles:)

Michelle said...

gorgeous flower!!! this card is beautiful, Rosemary!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh yeah, what Sue said!! I'm always delighted to see you using my sketch, because I know I'm up for a treat :) Stunning card with some serious wow factor! xoxo

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty Rosie! I love the inspiration photo and your take is magnificent! Have a great weekend!

Melissa Bove said...

Such a beautiful card!! I love that gorgeous flower!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Jenny said...

mmmm- I love the rustic feel and pretty colours Rosemary. The dotty posy is just perfect too :)
Jenny x

Elise said...

LOVELY, GIRL! This is a spectacular, TACTILE, DELIGHTFULLY color-riffic and spectacularly festooned piece of Rosie goodness - and I am APPLAUDING you from the highest balcony! WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Brenda said...

Just stunning! I really love how you made that flower, and the PTI patterned paper is gorgeous!