"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 21, 2011

You're So Sweet....

Hey there!!   Another week has rolled around and this week it is Thanksgiving here in the US.   And this week also brings my oldest child's birthday.   He is going to be 13 on Wednesday the 23rd!!  It just blows my mind that I have a teenager!  It just seems like yesterday he was starting kindergarten...



Anywhoo... my card is for a couple of challenges:  Paper Players to make a CAS card using white, dark blue and silver and Waltzingmouse (a sketch).    I must admit that when I saw the Paper Players challenge to use silver I was on the fence a bit as to whether I would play along or not.  I don't generally use metallics in my paper crafting because I just don't like how my projects turn out when I have used them.  But because I like to participate in the Paper Players challenges as often as I can I decided to give it a go.  I used the WMS set Dainty Doilies (large), stamping the largest doily using Night of Navy ink and then diecutting it with the largest die in the Spellbinders Large Scallope Circle dies set.  One of the small doilies was stamped in the center using VersaMark ink, silver embossing powder applied and heat set.   The sentiment from Dainty Doilies was also embossed using silver embossing powder.  It was then die cut using a Spellbinders Grommet Tag die.   Some Night of Navy grograin ribbon, white & blue bakers twine and silver glitter brads were used to create my favorite little ribbon treatment.   

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Night of Navy; Ink:  SU! Night of Navy & VersaMark; Stamps:  Waltzingmouse; Ribbon:  SU! Night of Navy grosgrain; Bakers Twine - The Twinery; Glitter Brads:  SU!; Embossing Powder - Ranger Ultra Fine Silver

26 comments:

Barb said...

They really do grow up so fast, Don't they? Love this beautiful card, Rosie! The blue and silver combo is gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

Oh so lovely, Rosemary! That doily image looks wonderful in navy blue! Love how you have the sentiment popped up on the beautiful die cut with the silvery brads! The small doily peeking underneath is a perfect finishing touch!

Greta said...

Well, I love metallic & I love your card! This is so striking--perfect composition using that wonderful stamp & color combo!

Kim Heggins said...

Just a elegant and lovely card.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this, Rosemary! That color combo is so crisp and the tag atop the doily is perfect! Thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the colours in your card - really strong and the metallic works! I like the way you've made the sentiment and ribbon - it's stunning!

Carla said...

what a beautifull card! Happy Halloween and a nice day on Wednesday. Love from Holland

Carla said...

I mean Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Jenny said...

Fantastic design Rosemary, love how you used the colours...I'm not a metallics fan either but my card uses tiny flicks of silver paint so thought that would count:)
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, just in case I don't get chance to say it again :)
Jenny x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv it...hope you have a fun filled week!

enjoy *~*

craftieodmae said...

another beauty!!!! my computer is down at home so I'm cheating and commenting at work, lets not tell anyone hehe. Hopefully I'll get it fixed this afternoon, if not I'll be missing for several days.....Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Christine said...

I like that navyblue! What a nice card again!
Christine

Gibmiss said...

hI Rosi
Fabulous card ....love the colour and everything about it !!!!
Hugs sylvie
xx

Lisa Lara said...

Holee Molee this is one brilliant card Rosi. Absolutely gorgeous with your hardware and ribbon treatment. Wow. Love it. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to your teenager!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful! I love the doily image and how you used it for the Paper Players Challenge this week. Gorgeous ribbon trim, love it. Thanks' for joining us this week.

Elizabeth Allan said...

I really need to find a word bigger than stunning for your cards Rosemary! Magnificent!

jaydee said...

Rosemary, a gorgeous use of the doily set. I love the way you placed your sentiment, too. Absolutely fabulous! So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week and shared this stunning card.
Jaydee
p.s. Happy Birthday to your son. I hope you all had a wonderful day. 13 is such an amazing age. I remember it well :-)

LeAnne said...

This is just stunning! What a wonderful set...(I love ALL WM sets!) and a great way to use the colors! Thanks for playing with us this week!

JJ Bolton said...

Rosemary, love everything about your card! The stamps you chose and the layers! Perfection!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty in the blue Rosemary! love the stampings and sentiment treatment!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I LOVE this doily image! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lesley said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Nance Leedy said...

Just gorgeous Rosi! I'm so glad you gave it a go...this is stunning! I love the layered medallions and the ribbon treatment is fantastic...love the twine & glimmer brads! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Rosi! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Elise said...

Ooooohhhhhh~ THIS is stunning! So elegant and well crafted! This is absolutely BEAUTIFULLY put together - YeowZA!

Brenda said...

Oh I really love the design of this card Rosemary! That blue is just perfect and so is that Doily stamp! You are just too clever for me!