"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, November 26, 2011

So Thoughtful...

Hey there... back with another card for the current CASE Study challenge and ColourQ



I just love this week's ColourQ combo of Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Delightful Daffodil, Early Espresso and white.  Cherry Cobbler is my absolute favorite red.  I love how deep and rich it is, especially against white.   When I saw November CASE Study muse, Kryssi's card I just had to play along.  I love the super clean and stunning, as my friend Sue would say, design of the card.   I thought I had a large solid flower stamp that I could use, but unfortunately, I didn't.   So instead I got a little dotty with my card, combining PTI's Dot Spot with Polka Dot Basics II.  I stamped the largest circle from Dot Spot in Pumpkin Pie and then used So Saffron to stamp the border using the smallest polka dot border in the set.  The sentiment from Signature Greetins was stamped using Early Espresso.  I decided to add the yellow button to the center for just a bit more interest. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Cherry Cobbler; Ink:  SU! Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron & Early Espresso; Stamps:  PTI; Button:  My Mind's Eye

22 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Gorgeous design, I am reading that you used Cherry Cobbler but it looks a little orangie in the photo, nevertheless I love all those 'dot's!!!! it makes a unique flower.
And I especially love how you have continued your 'dots' in a band off the edge.
Your sentiment, now this is where you and I differ in thinking, I would have placed it up there, you know where, in all that negative space you have going on which really needs to be filled, it would be torture for me to leave it blank just absolute TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you see Rosie, where you have placed the sentiment just works does it not?
Smiles:)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Rosemary! Your gradation is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

craftieodmae said...

awesome!!!! thinking of casing your style to finish up some Christmas cards.............I love your talent!!!

Christina said...

I will definitely be CASEing this! I love the placement of the large image, your use of the colors, and all of the yummy white space. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, these colours are gorgeous together.

Unknown said...

this is an awesome card!

Debby said...

I love the dotted circle in place of the flower! More than anything though I love super clean and stunnin and this certainly fits the description. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Teresa Kline said...

a stunning CAS card..hope you have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Greta said...

Great CAS card! You've inspired me to do something like this for my co-workers Christmas cards this year.

Anita Scroggins said...

Love the stamped image!!! Great use of the colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Rosi....love this. Love the color, layout and sentiment!

kasia c. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I like the red base with the popped up panel. thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

Jenny said...

ooo... I love your CAS cards Rosemary, this is such a beautiful composition too :)
Jenny xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I love the intersecting designs and your choice of colors. Your cards always have a sense of "movement"!

Linda Beeson said...

I love this! The simplicity of that color combo is stunning!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful pairing of the deep red and orange colors!!

LeAnne said...

So awesome! Simple yet very, very striking!

Elise said...

In the encyclopedia - under ROSEMARY creations - is a picture of THIS card! SO stunning, so GLORIOUS in every aspect - SO ....YOU!!!!!!! Bravissimaaaaa!

Sue Lelli said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL, Rosemary! LOVE all the different size dots and the button in the middle! FAB design!

Jean Martin said...

Oh WOW Rosemary! This is beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

kingstonmama said...

Oh, I love the simplicity of this. Fabulous colors, and I love the button in the middle. Perfect! :) Ann Y.

Brenda said...

I am totally in love with this design Rosemary and I love all the dots!