"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 14, 2014

celebrating...

Hello friends!!   Got some time this morning to start a card and finished it up this afternoon.  I tried to get outside my box on this one... not sure how well that went, lol.  Recently I have been seeing a projects that people have created for a new challenge called "Cure for the Monday Blues".  Being intrigued by the title I decided to check it out.  The creator of the challenge Taheerah is the kind of paper crafter I sometimes wish I could be... always on trend and super creative.  So I was a bit, no actually A LOT, intimidated by the challenge.  But after I saw her most recent challenge and inspiration photo (isn't it just yummy??) I decided to give it a go and came up with this card.


I used Chupa's current Sketchbook Saturday layout for the card.  To keep things simple I used some burlap to emboss the bottom half of the white cardstock to create the look of the bottom panel on the sketch.  I added the fleur de lis image using pink ink and then added the washi tape in several places.  The label was die cut from vellum, adhered and then the banner (sentiment from PTI) was added.  Finished off with lots of sequins.  I was a bit worried it would turn out to be a "hot mess", but I think it looks okay.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies: Cardstock: PTI white; Vellum:  Close to My Heart; Stamps:  Waltzingmouse & PTI; Ink:  Stampin Up! and Memento; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh & Ellen Hutson; Dies:  Reverse Confetti & Stampin Up!; Washi tape:  Jenny Bowlin

13 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Well this is a delightful card. I am excited to hear that you are thinking outside the box and although this has a certain amount of a CAS quality in the design, you have definitely added extra elements; washi tape, layers, which for me add that extra interest for the onlooker, the subtle stamping on your Bg finishes it off beautifully.
May check this Challenge blog myself!
Smiles:)
Sue

Taheerah said...

Hi there Rosemary! I was so happy to see your entry to my challenge, and am totally blushing and flattered by your kind words about my work! Thank you so much!!

I love how you pushed yourself outside your comfort zone and created something different from your usual style! I love your trail of sequins down your card and your added washi tape strips are so fun! I hope you're no longer feeling intimidated about entering in future! *wink* Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. What a happy card. Love the sequins.

Martha said...

What a FUN card, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

This is definitely a cure for the Monday blues, Rosemary ... love the vellum sentiment panel ... and the cascade of colourful sequins is delicious ... happy happy! Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GREAT card love the embossing (will try that) in fact love everything about it.

Laura Davis said...

Oooohhh this is so pretty!
Laura

jintyoo7 said...

Hi Rosie - good for you - I'm a wimp when it comes to challenges.Love your "out of the box" interpretation!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love the soft colors and how you placed those lovely fleur de lis images...loving the trail of sequins, too! You did an amazing job stepping outside of your comfort zone, and combining these 2 challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

A vellum label? Get out!! Why didn't I think of that before... fantastic, the whole card is! xx

Greta said...

I like how it turned out--the sequins are just perfect for it & I love the pink fleur-de-lis!

Deepti said...

Sorry for missing on to ur posts but sooner or later, I always love to catch up to ur creations coz I inspired n amazed :)

Nat said...

ok ,this is really cool Rosemary. Love how you stamped on the top left and the added bling. very inspiring :)