"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 9, 2014

happy birthday pti!

Hello friends!!  First I wanted to say thank you to everyone who left me such lovely comments on my earlier post about my friend.  I cannot tell just how much I appreciate your kindness!  Unfortunately life comes with sad events, but it also hold happy ones, too... like birthdays!  And as a lot of you know, PTI is celebrating it's 7th birthday (or anniversary) this month.  Lots of fun challenges going on.  My card actually works for two of them:  today's birthday card challenge, as well as the sketch/color combo challenge.

For the sketch I used the one with the diagional strips and the color combo of Hawaiian Shore, Summer Sunrise, Scarlett Jewel and Raspberry Fizz.  I hunted through all my washi tape and found three rolls that were a good match for Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise & Scarlett Jewel.  I adhered the strips of washi tape and then added the sentiment (from Boutique Borders - Birthday) on a fishtail banner.  A PTI Raspberry Fizz button completed the card.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Washi Tape:  Stampin Up! & Impress Rubber Stamps; Stamps:  PTI Boutique Borders Birthday; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Button:  Raspberry Fizz

12 comments:

Cindy said...

You seem to rock the Washi Roesmary. This card is fun and cheerful.

Canonbury creations said...

Fab use of washi tape Rosie, great CAS card. Sorry for the loss of your friend, your card for her was beautiful.
Val x

walchowDesign said...

Fab card with the washi tapes, Rosie!

judkajudi said...

Love the bright and cheery colors, Rosemary!! I need to use up some Washi!!

Anita in France said...

So bold and bright, Rosemary ... simply wonderful! Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautifully bright and cheery, a smashing card.

Barb Ghig said...

What a fun way to use your washi! I love the mix of patterns and your choice of sentiments is fabulous, Rosemary! Crossing my fingers that you win one of those amazing prizes :-)

Martha said...

WOW, you've used the pretty colors & sketch SO BEAUTIFULLY, Rosemary! That washi tape is fab! Well done!

Nonni said...

Very fun card, clever use of washi! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Take care.

Greta said...

Wowzer--you really nailed it with this card, Rosemary! One of my all-time favorite Washi tape cards!

Deepti said...

That's a washi perfection :) love the colors

Michelle said...

Perfect execution with washi tape! Love it, Rosemary!