"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 27, 2014

color my world...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with a little card that I made for the current CASology cue word: Paint.  I had to laugh a bit when I ready CASology dt member Judy's post about being terrified of paint splatter/brushstroke stamp sets.  I shared that same terror, lol!   But I'm slowly getting over it, ha! 

 
This little card uses the MFT Abstract Art set and the Reverse Confetti Dream in Color set.  The colors are based on the Reverse Confetti February color challenge of red, light blue and grey.   I stamped the paint splatter using SU!'s Smoky Slate and Real Red inks.  The word "color" was stamped in black and then I added the "you" and "my world" using SU!'s Marina Mist.  Red, grey (although it doesn't look grey) and blue sequins finished it off.  Really pleased with how this turned out.
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti and My Favorite Things; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Memento; Sequins:  Various places

18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

PERFECTION Rosemary and as far as I'm concerned their winner for the challenge!!

walchowDesign said...

Your splatters are to perfection, Rosie!

Anita in France said...

I've not reached splatter stage yet, Rosemary! You, on the other hand are there ... right now ... with this perfect card ... love it! Anita :)

Deepti said...

This is so so stunning, loved ur take on the cue card!!

joy said...

You did a fabulous job with these stamps, Rosemary! Looks like a winner to me.

judkajudi said...

Awesome, Rosemary. I don't do the splashes and spatters (on purpose) as I always make a mess and ruin my card. This is great.

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job with these stamps, Rosemary! I'm stumped with the cue card this week, but once again, you rocked it!!!

Greta said...

Pleased?! I would be thrilled! This is one fantastic card, Rosemary!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, you made me laugh! It looks to me like you have no problem making awesome cards with a little bit of paint splattered on them! This is FABULOUS! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Viv said...

Wow this is so yummy Rosie, so simple and yet so CAS. I seem to love everything you make :) Viv xx

Norma said...

WOW! another fabulous card Rosemary:) I love the simply and clean look and so I'm definitely following your blog and I can't wait to see more and check out past projects:)
Hugs,
Norma

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous and lovely and caught my eye right away!!! Rosemary, this is amazing!

Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Lisa Lara said...

I looooooooove this card Rosi.

Wendy said...

Love how bold and beautiful this is.

Michelle said...

CAS perfection! Great mix of stamps!

Jen W. said...

You're not just getting over that fear you're kicking it's butt!! Love this! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love love love it

Martha said...

WHOA! This is simply beautiful, Rosemary! I love it!