"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, February 3, 2014

this year...

Hello friends!!!  It is a GREAT day here in the state of Washington and that is due in no small part to the Seattle Seahawks WINNING the SUPER BOWL!!  I cannot think of a single team more deserving of the win than the Seahawks.  They played an awesome game and crushed the Broncos... YAY!!!   Sorry... just had to step out for a moment and share my excitement!  Now... on to my card.


 This one is for My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge and I used some more of those yummy SU! Fresh Prints papers... told ya I really liked them, lol!!  The sentiment is from the MFT Birthday Sentiments set and I used a Fishtail Flag Stax die, as well as a mini doily circle die.   The rectangles were cut with my Spellbinders large and small rectangle dies.   After completing the card I decided to an some wood veneer stars that I colored by pressing them into my Hero Arts Splash ink pad.  I also finished the interior of the card with the sentiment "happy birthday".  You can just see a peek of the interior in the photo of the card.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, kraft; SU! Cherry Cobbler; PP:  SU! Fresh Prints; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things & Spellbinders; Wood stars:  Studio Calico; Ink:  SU! & Hero Arts

8 comments:

Greta said...

Yah Seahawks! The Northwest finally gets some attention! This is beautiful, Rosemary! Great sentiment & love the pp & the veneer embellishments! You always know what to do with a sketch, my friend!

joy said...

Love those cute little veneer stars, Rosemary! And, the pp is very pretty, too. Great card!

craftieodmae said...

Glad you team won, and your card is a winner also, gorgeous, you aced the sketch!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous mix of colours Rosemarie! Sorry I can't share your excitement, I have no idea who you are talking about! Lol!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi gf. Love that paper and colors. Nice layering...I always love how you layer with papers, stamps etc.

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous colour palette, Rosemary ... fab DP with the wee wooden hearts! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love your choice of patterned papers and big bold sentiment, Rosemary! Such a fun color combo, too! I think you did an amazing job holding on to your style and working with this sketch...Fab card!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--they drew your name--finally! Hurrah!!