"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

thanks so much...

Hello friends... the party continues at PTI and I have had a chance to make something for today's challenge to use stripes on your card.  I also used one of the sketches and color combos from the first challenge and so will be popping the card into that line up, as well.

It was pretty much a given that I would use my PTI Distressed Stripes set for this challenge.  I have had the set for ages and never really used it.  I have tried, but had never been able to come up with anything I like.  But I do like how this turned out.  I added some Studio Calico wood stars and kraft colored hemp twine to complete the look.  It is clean and simple, but a bit rustic, too.  I must say that while this month's PTI release is a bit overwhelming I am loving pretty much everything they have been showing sneak peeks of.   So wishing I had lots of disposable income that I could spend on everything!!  I used the following color combo and sketch:

 
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; Stamps:  PTI Distressed Stripes & Think Big Favorites #1; Ink:  SU! Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise & Pool Party; Studio Calico wooden starts; Hempotique kraft twine

10 comments:

Anita in France said...

Such a lovely rustic look, Rosemary ... the sprinkling of stars is so cute! Anita :)

Robin K. said...

Love the combination of the feminine doily with the rustic elements!

Lisa Elton said...

Super card Rosemary it has a country charm to it!!

Greta said...

Truly fabulous card, Rosemary! Love the rustic sort of look with the delicate doily--stunning work!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, ......sorry I haven't been commenting Bill(hubby) has had health issues and was in the hosiptal! All is well now so maybe I'll get back to normal, what ever that is.........

Brenda said...

This must be my favourite colour combo of all times! Lovely card Rosemary!

Martha said...

WOW...I really LOVE this card, Rosemary! At first, I thought that was patterned paper. Then I looked up the PTI-Distressed Stripes set you mentioned. I don't remember seeing it, when it was released. You've used the colors & sketch SO beautifully! It's one of my favorites by you (How many times have I said that?). The "kraft" always make me look twice.

Barb Ghig said...

It's unusual to see a 'rustic' style card from you, but I really love how this card turned out! Your doily is beautiful and the striped papers are fab! Good luck with the challenge...I know the prizes right now are amazing!

walchowDesign said...

I do love how the combination of the rustic look with the feminine doily, Rosie! I can't keep up with their challenges!

Michelle said...

Love these stripes, stars and doily comination, Rosemary!