"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

you are my ...

Hello friends!!  Back with a second card for this month's PTI blog hop.  I used the current MIM technique and so I will be popping it into that line up, as well.

Version #1
 
Version #2
When I placed my order this last release I was able to get the new Phrase Play #1 stamp and die set and I used it for this card.  Yesterday I did some quilling and decided to combine some quilled flowers with the Phrase Play sets.  I used two of my SU! reinkers (So Saffron and Marina Mist) to watercolor some watercolor paper.  I placed my die cut Phrase Play on the piece where I wanted it and then stamped the sentiment "sunshine" with watermark ink.  I removed the diecut, applied white embossing powder and heat set.  The hardest part of this card was placing the quilled flowers.   When I took the first set of photos I realized that I had left the "o" completely open.  I like the look, but decided to glue the little bits that go inside to see if I liked that look better... and surprise I like both versions!   Let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by..

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; watercolor paper; Inks:  Watermark ink; SU! reinkers; Stamps & Dies:  PTI Phrase Play #1; Quilling Papers:  3 Birds


10 comments:

Kay D said...

I love your quilled flowers and watercolor background- so beautiful!

Greta said...

Wow--you made great use of your new products & soon, too! Beautiful use of the watercolor technique, Rosemary! Think I like version 2 the best.

Wendy G. said...

Those flowers are so cute! I haven't tried quilling yet, but it really love the look.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, love the quilled flowers!!!

Marybeth said...

Wow your quilling flowers are gorgeous! I want to try that soon. Your card is simply gorgeous Rosemary. I wish I would have thought to combine the MIM watercolor too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards, love the quilling.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Deepti said...

Very elegant, I love the two toned BG :)

Anita in France said...

Both versions are gorgeous, Rosemary ... the watercolour background is so lovely! Anita :)

Martha said...

OH, how SWEET, Rosemary! What pretty quilled flowers! I'm sure it must take lots of patience.

Both versions are equally beautiful!

I also got that die. Thanks for the inspiration!