"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 16, 2014

some cards to share...

Hello friends!!  Got some crafty time in this morning and was able to make a couple of cards.  The first card is for the current Dynamic Duos color challenge and uses Viva La Verve week 2 sketch

When I started out to make this card I was going to use the Verve set "Shining Star", but when I pulled the Verve banner stamp out of the case I keep it in I saw a little freebie stamp that I had received from Verve and used that instead.   The stars and smaller banner were die cut using the Verve Stars and Flag It dies.   I think I should have created some textured on the white cardstock piece, but too late now, lol!


The second card is for the current ColourQ challenge.  I was going to use the colors to make a card using the Verve sketch, but obviously decided against that, lol, and went with straight out stamping.  I like to go with straight out stamping when I think I'm going to have a hard time making cardstock and patterned paper work.  This was one of those color combos!  Since I didn't have an ink that is comparable to Cool Caribbean I used some washi tape in a similar color.  The stamps are from the Stampin Up! set "Oh, Hello".  
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI white, lemon tart & true black; Stamps:  Verve and Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Memento; Patterned Paper:  Stampin Up!; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Dies:  Spellbinders and Verve




15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your cards, especially the one for the DD. The stars and sentiment are perfect. Thanks for sharing at the Dynamic Duos.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both very pretty Rosemary! Love your little collage of elements on the last card. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Claire said...

Love the first card...such gorgeous papers you've used and the stamping for the Colour Q challenge is absolutely perfect. The washi makes it look really special! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Greta said...

Love them both, Rosemary! Beautiful work, as always!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... beautiful blend of papers on your DD card ... and I love the scattering of sequins over the CQ colours! Anita :)

Angel Johns said...

I love your banners and stars! Your card is perfect for our challenge this week. Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

walchowDesign said...

Two beautiful cards!

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are so pretty, Rosemary! I love how you played with the stars and banners on the first one, and how you stamped your images on the 2nd card! Gorgeous color combo, too!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Rosemary- love your Dynamic Duos card! Great take on the sketch challenge with the color challenge;) (I like your Oh, Hello one, too!)

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Rosemary, love all the interest you created with texture! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Deepti said...

Lovely card as ever but I just love the first one :) those stars look so very cool.

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. I just love your layered stars. That red flower just pops on the second card.

Lea Lawson said...

Cute!! Love all the stars!

Sue said...

Rosemary, I just had to stop by and say your card is beautiful! I saw it on DD challenge and had to take a closer look. I'm so glad I did. I just love what you did with the stars. Great card.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such beautiful cards! Just love all those stars!