"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

hugs & kisses..

Hello friends!  Quick post with a card for a couple of challenges:  CASology & Dynamic Duos.   The cue word at CASology is "and".  When I thought about that word the first thing that came to mind was to use an ampersand.  So I pulled out the only set I have with an ampersand in it... Hero Art's You & Me and got to work.


Making the card made me wish that I had an ampersand die, but I don't so instead I decided to emboss a heart onto my cardstock and place all my stamping within the heart.  First take on the card stamped the ampersand using Island Indigo ink, but noticed that once I stamped the words in red parts of them didn't show up too well.  So I switched the colors and had much better results.  I added some flat sequins and some washi tape.  The sequins are a good match to the Island Indigo ink, but you can't tell that from the photo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Jenny Bowlin washi tape; sequins

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How fun Rosemary! Love the way you used the heart die to emboss a background for your stamping! Cute card ;)

Deepti said...

This is simply wow!! Love the washi tape

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love it Rosemary!!! FUN, Thanks for coming and joining us -always a pleasure!

joy said...

LOVE this!

craftieodmae said...

Very pretty!!

Julie Gearinger said...

This is gorgeous! Love the heart with your sentiment and ampersand plus all of the washi tape- perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos:-)

Anita in France said...

Super colour balance, Rosemary ... love how you nestled it all inside the embossed heart! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love your embossed heart and how you stamped your sentiment and ampersand...Love the Washi, too! Very pretty!

Michelle said...

Fabulous card, Rosemary! Love the embossed heart focal point and washi tape! Thanks for joining the DD!

Paper Cake Trail said...

I too, love the embossed heart and washi tape.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the embossed heart, an elegant card

Ardyth said...

Wonderful bold colours and that embossed heart is very clever! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Greta said...

Oh I love it! Great use of the Washi tape, too!

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at DD!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Rosemary! I have been meaning to tell you how much I love the new font at your blog...so cool! I also love this card (congrats on the HM at DD)...it is so perfect for the cue at CASology this week, and so fun with that dry embossed heart. Great CAS card (as usual)! Thanks for playing at CASology!