"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bloom....

Back with a card for One Layer Wednesday.  This week Susan challenged us to do some ink layering on our cards.  Ink layering is something I tend to do when I'm making one layer cards.  I like stamping an image in one color of ink and then layering a sentiment over the image using a darker ink.   But usually I just keep it to two inks.  For this card I used more than just two inks. 



For the card I got out two of my older PTI sets, Text Box and Spiral Bouquet.   The Text Box set contains a set of rectangles that have different images on them.  For my card I actually turned one of them over and inked up the flat, blank side and stamped it on the cardstock using Memento New Sprout ink.  I then layered the stem from Spiral Bouquet over the rectangle using SU!'s Pear Pizzazz ink.  The flower heads were stamped using SU!'s Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo.  Finally, I stamped the word "Bloom" from Spiral Bouquet using Pear Pizzazz and then layered "where you are planted" over that using Melon Mambo.    I really like how the card turned out.

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White; Stamps:  PTI Text Box & Spiral Bouquet; Ink:  Memento New Sprout; SU! Melon Mambo; Pretty in Pink; Pear Pizzazz

17 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a fabulous card!!

Shobana said...

Beautiful! Lovely choice of colors too! :)

Barb said...

Love the way you stamped the sentiment, Rosie! Pretty colors too!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I am pleased you like the way this card turned out Rosie, because it is wonderful.
Smiles:)

G Peplow said...

This card is lovely Rosemary, love the whole thing, gorgeous colours, Gay xxx

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

lovely card Rosie !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Elise said...

THIS is truly LOVELY, Rosebud! Your use of that color block is refreshing - and CLASSIC! Makes me remember WHY I hoard stamps! LOL! xo!

Susan said...

Rosemary, this looks fabulous! LOVE the colors!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is so pretty, Rosemary! I love your layering of images and the colours are gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Great card. Loved the colors.

Lynne said...

Super card, great colours.
Lynne xxx

Brenda said...

Totally love how you layered those stamps Rosemary! Beautiful colours and I love that flower from PTI!

Carol said...

Spectacularly gorgeous card! I always drool when I see Spiral Bouquet used and I always forget that I have it! Gotta pull that one out and place it front and center on my desk. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the flowers layered over that background and your colours are pretty too.

Jenny said...

Love it Rosemary and great colour choices too...I played it safe and stuck with two!
Jenny x

Michelle said...

Another beauty,Rosemary! I have always admired the Spiral Bouquet Stamp set from PTI....I am now off to buy it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Greta said...

I love this card! I'm going to be back to look at it again so I can CASE it!