"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 4, 2011

ODBDSLC63 - Sentiment Only

Wow... second post of the day!!  Click here for my JUGs card.

This week at the Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD is  to use only a sentiment on your card.  I went very masculine for my card since I am going to be giving this to a wonderful person named James who spends his Sunday mornings singing worship music with the little ones in my church's Sunday school classes.   I met James last summer when he started his music ministry in the Sunday school class I taught at my chuch.  I cannot tell you what a blessing he has been to me and to the children that he sings with every Sunday.  Sadly, I won't be spending my Sundays with him any longer as after 10 years of teaching I made the decision to step out of that ministry and spend some time seeking after what God has planned for me next. 



Because James sings and plays his guitar I chose to use the ODBD set "Sing to the Lord".   I used some patterned paper from Stampin Up! and drew my color choices from the papers.  To give it a rustic feel I did some distressing and used twine as an embellishment. 

To play along with the challenge you don't need ODBD stamps, but if you wish to be considered for the Shining the Light award your card must use ODBD stamps.  Make things even more fun one random winner will be chosen and that person will receive a $15.00 gift certificate to the ODBD store!

Thanks for taking a peek... make sure to check out the projects from the ODBD challenge team of Chris, Sabrina, Francie, Silke, and Pat!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream & Kraft; SU! designer paper; Ink:  SU! Really Rust; Stamps:  ODBD Sing to the Lord; Twine:  PTI; Brad:  SU!; Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 2

12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun masculine creation Rosemary!! I just love your choice of paper and the distressing. Awesome take on the sentiment only challenge. Have a great weekend!!
hugs,

Chris

Brenda said...

Awesome masculine card Rosemary! I love that patterned paper, very yummy! Great look with the distressing and twine!

craftieodmae said...

you always have the prettiest cards, this is another beauty!!!

Becky said...

What a lovely card and wonderful verse.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Perfect in everyway

Elise said...

THIS is positively GLORIOUS work, my wonderful friend! I always adore how you tackle these types of "assignments!" That sentiment is GORGEOUS! You've showcased it SO beautifully + my FAVE d/p : EVER {from S/U!} What a BEAUTIFUL story to go along with that lovely sentiment... FANTASTIC!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, your card for James is absolutely perfect!!! This is such a fabulous masculine card...love it! I pray that God will show you what he wants you to do next!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Christine said...

It's a beautiful card! It really make me stil!
I also like your fridaycard. Beautiful colours and a nice stamp!
Hug!
Christine

Greta said...

WOW! I'm at a loss for words this time--wonderful card, my friend & so perfect for the situation--I know it will bless him. I do need to get some ODB stamps!

Marlena M. said...

I know he will appreciate this! Very wise to seek God's wisdom...may God give you a clear leading! ;)

Francie G. said...

Sounds like this will be perfect for your friend James! Fabulous masculine card!

Michelle said...

wonderful masculine card! love the twine and silver brad!