"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Technique Time!

Hey everyone.... hope you all had a good week.  This week over at the JUGs blog the challenge is a super fun technique called woodgraining.  I hope you don't mind, but I'm not going to give you an explanation as to how you do this technique.  Instead I going to provide you with the link so you can watch the lovely and very talented Gina K. of Gina K. Designs explain how you do this technique (she does a far better job then I would anyway!).   One thing I will say that I learned from doing this technique is that your pigment ink pad should be a fairly "juicy" one.  I used two different pads one that was pretty "juicy" and one that was not.  The piece I ended up with when I used the not so juicy pad was a complete failure. 



Anyway, on to my card.   This technique is perfect for masculine cards and so it was just natural that I make a Father's Day card.  I used the Flourishes set "What a Catch" and some Stampin Up! designer paper that I bought a few years ago that has a very masculine feel to it.  The panel piece behind the stamped image is the piece that I created using the woodgrain technique.  The effect is really cool in real life.   I think I will be giving this card to my father in law.   I am also going to be putting this card into the current Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge to make a Father's Day card.

Thanks for taking a peek... I hope you will check out what the so very talent JUGS team of Kristen, Pam, Lisa, Andrea, Maria, Dana, Kathryn & Elise have cooked up!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Crumb Cake, More Mustard & Really Rust; SU! DP; Ink: Close to My Heart White Daisy & Barn Door; Distressing Tool; Brads; Stamps:  Flourishes What a Catch

12 comments:

Elise said...

This card features THAT oh-so-splendid technique in a MOST naturally gorgeous example, sweet Rosie! It looks like a bit of bark or shell of some exotic wood that has been artfully displayed along with that FABBY creel and fly rod - like a collection you'd see in "man land" - YEOWZA! This is WONDERFUL! So glad you are here to dazzle us this month, lovely Rose! INSPIRATION = CHECK! You are FABULOUS!

AKiteFlier said...

Nicely nicely done Rosemary. I agree you want a juicy pad to do that but I really like how you used just a snippet of the cardstock to help frame up your FABULOUS father's day card. Thanks for making JUGS shine with such great talent!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Great Father's Day card. Love the fishing bag and your technique use. Pat

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous Father's Day card. Love that fishing set. :)

Thanks for playing at FTTC!

Anne Tussing said...

Very neat card! I love your woodgrain panel and the distressing adds that extra texture too!

Mary J said...

Fantastic card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...your Father's Day card is fabbo! Love the roughed up edges and look...just perfect! Thanks for playing the FTTC with us! Hugs ~S~

Andrea M said...

Rosemary, this is just AWESOME!!! Love the grid paper and the lovely, wood panel under the sentiment! I LOVE that you stamped the image but left it brown and white! It's got such impact!!! LOVELY work!

Michelle said...

Great masculine card! The grid is awesome!

Maria said...

Wonderful job! I LOVE the rough and worn look to this card!! Nice job with the challenge.

Greta said...

Wow--you nailed that technique, my friend! Perfect Father's Day card!

Lisa Kind said...

What a great Father's Day card! Love how you used the technique!