"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Layer Wednesday.... for Dad

I haven't done a One Layer Wednesday challenge in what seems like a very long time!  Susan's last challenge was to find inspiration from some lovely baby shower cakes over at the Cake Wrecks blog.  Now I found several cakes that inspired me, but none of my ideas worked for a one layer card. (insert frowny face).  Then last week Jennifer asked us to use a dog or a cat image on our card.   Well I was definitely out for that one as I don't own a single dog or cat stamp (insert second frowny face).



Thankfully, this week I can play along as Susan has asked us to make a father's day card for a special father we know.   My dad has been gone for far more years then I care to count and I miss him tremendously, so this card will be going to my brother who is currently being treated for non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.   He is a really great guy and I love him to bits!  The stamps are from the newly released Flourishes set "What a Catch"! 

Thanks for taking a peek...

8 comments:

Brenda said...

I am sorry to hear about your brother Rosemary and I will be thinking of him and wishing him well! Your one layer card is superb by the way! Just love that hat!

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, I'm sorry too, to hear about your brother, I wish him well!
Your card for OLW is brilliant, that sentiment made me LOL:0)
Thanks so much for your kind comments:0) xxx

Susan said...

That's one set I didn't order from Flourishes, as I didn't think I'd use it...but wow! I love how this turned out.

My daddy has been gone for 11 years now and I still miss him every day! So sorry to hear about your brother....Hope the treatment goes well and he's soon A-Okay!

Jenny said...

Hi Rosie, What a great thought to send this to your brother. Love the image on the Kraft card, Fab card :)
Jenny x

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you could play along with this challenge. This is a great card! I'm sure it will make your brother feel better than great to know how much you love him!

Greta H said...

Wonderful card, Rosemary! I'm sure it will brighten your brother's day! I hope his treatment is going well!

Elise said...

Saaaa-weet Rosebud! What a WONDERFUL image and sentiment: for sure! From an old flyfishing gal - way back in the DAY... I say FISH-ONNNNN! This is TERRIFIC!

On a side note - so sorry to hear about your brother! {!} That's a rotten hand, indeed! So glad to think about you, though - such positive prayer and energy going out in his direction! Count me in, as well! I love you, dear! I know the double edge of the Father's Day celebration all too well, but you CERTAINLY do your dad proud with your fine talent and enormous faith. God bless you, both!

Lisa A. said...

What a great card!! What a wonderful image and love the sentiment...perfect on the kraft paper:)!! Am praying for your brother!!