"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Hangin' With the JUGs Gals....

Eeeekkk!!   I cannot tell you how excited I am to be the JUGs Featured Designer for the month of June!!  When the lovely and talented Pam emailed me with the offer I didn't hesitate for one minute!  You see... JUGs was one of the very first challenge I ever entered and from the get go the JUGs gals were just so sweet and made entering their challenges so much fun!   I can't say enough good things about these wonderful ladies.  But I must move on to my card!  This week the challenge over at JUGs is a sketch challenge and the amazingly talented Kathryn, who is the challenge hostess this week,  has provided us with this fantastic sketch.  



For my card I used the Waltzingmouse set Large Doily, along with a sentiment from the PTI set Think Big Favorites #1.  My color inspiration came from this week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World.  I just loved the pale blues combined with the white and then that beautiful pop of pinky-purple.  I stamped the largest doily image on white cardstock using SU!'s Marine Mist.  Then a smaller image was stamped in the center using SU!'s Soft Sky.  A 3rd large doily was stamped on a piece of white cardstock using Marina Mist and die cut using the largest die from the Spellbinders Large Scalloped Circle dies.  The piece was adhered over the top of the stamped images and then trimmed as shown.  A smaller image was stamped using Soft Sky, die cut and adhered to the center.  The sentiment was stamped using Hero Arts Hero Hues Iris ink. 

Thanks for taking a peek..... and don't forget to check out all the loveliness from JUGs team of Pam, Kristen, Elise, Maria, Kathryn, Lisa, Dana and Andrea.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! night of navy; Ink:  SU! Marina Mist, Soft Sky; Hero Hues Iris; Stamps:  PTI Think Big Favorites #1; WMS Large Doily; Spellbinders Large Scallop dies

29 comments:

Victoria said...

Stunning card Rosemary! Love the WM Doily stamp you've used!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Scrumplescrunch said...

Back to your clean and simple Rosie, but even though it has this effect , it is not simple! it is delightful and your sentiment is placed lower than most would do, leaving your negative space that you love so well.
Smiles:)

Brenda said...

Congrats on being the featured designer! Awesome! This is such a great CAS card, I really love how you chose two shades of blue and made the one doily pop up like that, stunning work Rosemary!

Andrea M said...

WOW Rosemary!! I know I say that a lot when I come by here but truly, WOW! LOVE those fabulous doilies! So So beautiful! So glad you could join us this month!!! Stunning card!

Unknown said...

your card is beautiful!!

Elise said...

Rosie - the ROSEBUD! I don't know WHERE the time has been disappearing off to lately - but MAN! I just can't tell you HOW pleased I was to learn that SWEET LITTLE YOU had been selected as this month's SPECIAL designer! {Huge *Woot! *Woot!} From the dizzy joy and fabulousness I feel from staring at this beauty - YOU ARE OFF TO A TERRIFIC start, my friend! I'm just DELIGHTED to be crafting alongside you in this capacity! Meaningful on FAR too many levels to name! Yee Haw!

Greta said...

Well, your mojo is really clicking!! I adore this card, Rosemary! No wonder they picked you for the monthly designer!

Carma said...

Love the "pop up" dimension with your doilies. They are truly lovely!!

Julia Aston said...

Great combo of challenges Rosemary! the blue doilies look lovely on this!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am so loving that doilies are trendy - I could put them on everything :)

Marlena M. said...

Oh, wow, this is awesome! ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Michelle said...

I love this,Rosemary!!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Congratulations Rosemary! What a fun way to interpret the Tuesday Trigger!

Deirdre said...

Stunning Rosemary - congrats on your Tuesday Trigger Target

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! Congrats on your Tuesday Trigger Target win.

AKiteFlier said...

Rosemary this is just fantastic - I LOVE the doilie over the two lacy layers. Great job with the sketch - beautifully done. Thanks for being a JUGS star!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on being Tuesday Trigger, Rosemary!!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oooowee! THat is one pretty doily arrangement! What great images for this sketch challenge. I just love the way you show off white space and I am oh so glad you are a JUG-sister this month!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Stunning!! im so glad i can see such a beautiful card! i love ur take on the sketch and u turn it sooo beautifully. so inspiring.congrats on being tuesday trigger target :)

Unknown said...

I love that doily stamp and the way you used it!

Kathryn B said...

Awesome card Rosemary! The doilies are so cool looking all layered up! Fab color combo! You've really made the sketch come alive! So very glad to have you as our guest designer this month!

Greta said...

Deserving winner for Moxie Fab! Love what you did, Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Love your CAS approach to the trigger! Congrats on your win!

Gina said...

Congratulations on your TT win! A lovely take on the trigger photo.

suzARTe said...

This card is so lovely

Theresa said...

This is just lovely. The stamp is awesome.

jaydee said...

Rosemary, congrats on your TT - very well deserved. This card is bold and fabulous!
jaydee

Lisa Kind said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I've been looking at all of your creations and I'm drooling! You do such beautiful work, Rosemary!