"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

FTTC123 - For You

A short post with my card for this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge.  The fabulously Betty is the host this week and she has challenged us to use paper bags!!  Yes, you read that right paper bags.  Sounds kinda funny, but it was actually easy to incorporate some into my project.



Earlier this month during the Flourishes' new stamp release festivities design team member Cindy Lawrence made the most amazing card using Spellbinders Labels 21 dies.  After I picked my jaw up off the floor I decided that I would give it a try and make a card using my Labels 21 dies.  My card isn't nearly as gorgeous as her card, but I really like how it turned out.   I used the Flourishes set Wreaths of All Seasons and made a sort of patriotic card.  And where is the paper bag you might be asking?   The scalloped diecut circle you see framing the diecut image is from a brown paper bag!

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Crumb Cake, Night of Navy & Cherry Cobbler; PTI white; Stamps:  Flourishes Wreaths of all Seasons; Inks:  Crumb Cake; Night of Navy; Copic Markers; Bakers Twine - The Twinery; Spellbinders Labels 21, Scalloped and Plain Circle dies

12 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

I think Cindy has some competition on the use of the die as this creation is wonderful. Super! Pat

Barb said...

Wonderful shape, Rosie and I love the scalloped paper bag! Pretty card!

Betty Wright said...

Rosemary, this is so very striking and fabulous! The colors look familiar, too! Hee! Love it when it all works like that! I love the shape card! I am so glad you tried some paper bag! Amazing to work with and the results are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge!

Michelle said...

This shaped card is awesome! It reminds me of a key hole! Love the wreath and twine! Check out the Birthday Sundaes Blog...the theme is 'shaped cards'.

craftieodmae said...

very different and I love it!!!! Thanks for opening a new door to think about!

Christine said...

Lovely card and the stamp is beautiful!
Christine

Lisa Elton said...

Rosemary this is so charming and perfect for the summer season! I didn't see Cindy's card, but yours is definately a keeper :)

Grace said...

Oh I love it Rosemary! LOVE the shape!!! I saw Cindy's too and thought it was a must try! You aced it!

Brenda said...

Wow, that's awesome Rosemary! I'm with you on the shape, just fabulous! That wreath stamp is stunning!

Greta said...

Fantastic card, Rosemary! I love that wreath--may have to look into getting some Flourish stamps now! You're a bad influence on me--OK, I consider it a good influence, but hubby may disagree--LOL!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome shape Rosemary! What a beautful card!!! Thanks for playing the FTTC with us :) !!!! Hugs ~S~

Elise said...

ASIDE from being having a patriotic flavor, these colors just MAKE magic together, to begin with! So HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!?! I say, GORGEOUS! Lovin' the wreath and the wonderful compliment it makes to those terrific dies - YEAH! This is breathtaking! Thanks for the link to Cindy's card - it's beautiful, as well, but I'll just say LIKE WITH LIKE! Thanks for the stunning share!