"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Less is More - A Sketch

(For my JUGs project, click here; for my ODBD card, click here)

Hello!  Back with another post today... this time for Less is More.   Apparently last week's challenge to use monograms on our cards caused a some grumbling amongst the faithful LIMettes, ala the much reviled "acetate" challenge.   Ah... but that is what a challenge is all about, right?? To challenge us and get us out of our creative boxes.   Anyway, this week Chrissie and Mandi provided us with a simple, but lovely sketch as an antidote to last week's challenge.   Now, I just spoke a bit about being challenged and getting outside our creative boxes and what did I do??? Stayed right inside my creative box!!   Unfortunately, I wasn't  feeling too terribly creative today so I played it safe.



I have only recently jumped on the felt bandwagon and so used the two colors I had purchased from PTI for my card.  I cut the felt using a set of PTI flower dies and sewed them together using embroidery floss.  The buttons are also from PTI.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.  I think I will be giving this to my niece for her birthday.

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & hibiscus burst; felt:  PTI white & hibiscus burst; buttons:  PTI; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Ink;  PTI True Black; Punch:  Fiskars Upper Crust

25 comments:

Beryl K said...

Great card, love your flowers
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

Maybe it's safe... but beautiful!
The felt looks fabulous!
Thanks so much Rosemary
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Debs M said...

great card, love the flowers and punchwork x

Mandi said...

Absolutely works for me Rosemary
Your card is fabulous!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Scrumplescrunch said...

Challenges are great Rosie but being comfortable is better! Lovely sweet card.
Smiles:)

Dana said...

I love the felt. Your niece will love this card.

Barb said...

Love this simple sketch and you've played with it beautifully, Rosie! Pretty, felt flowers!

Kathyk said...

Safe and sound? Maybe but super? definitely!

Kathyk

Carol said...

This is very pretty, gorgeous colours Carol x

Greta said...

Oh so cute, Rosemary! I love pink, so I think you picked the right colors! I haven't really gotten into felt, but this tempts me!

Jo Street said...

This is lovely, great colours and fab idea to use felt.
JO x

Loli said...

Hola Rosemary, thank you for your visit.
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL CARD!!, i love this tone of pink, bright and funny, yours flowers fantastic!!Well done.
A hug from PAlma

craftieodmae said...

wellyou did great with the flet, I have never used it!!!!

Christine said...

Lovely with the flowers in felt! I like it!
Hug
Christine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So pretty and very tactile, your niece will love it, I'm sure

Lynne said...

Your felt flowers are beautiful, a fabulous shade of pink. It all makes a lovely clean, colourful card.
Lynne xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

fabulous card!! Loving the colours scrummy

ali x

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous flowers and love your border punch too. xx

velta said...

Rosmary ~ How elegant! I love PTI stuff...and I have these dies somewhere, but I cannot find them...Your rendition is absolutely perfect...what a card to CASE!!! TFS !

Susan said...

Rosemary, this is beautiful! I do love PTI too! I haven't tried playing with felt...maybe I should give it a chance...because this is fabulous!
My Card

Theresa said...

This is a fabulous use of felt. I have some that's sitting in a box that are already cut out I should pull them out to see if I can create something this beautiful!!

Hazel said...

The flowers look great. Lovely card. Hazel x

Jenny said...

Pretty card Rosemary, love the flowers and they look great in all the layers, shades and sizes :)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

This PTI flowers dies are one of my favs!! Love how they look in felt!

Elise said...

Wooooooooo, ROSIE! This SURE is a sweet thing! Sometimes you GET out of that box and sometimes you stay in, but you ALWAYS make BEAUTIFUL cards! And that's NOTHING to grumble about! LOL! Love this, Rosie!