"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 24, 2011

More JUGs Fun....

Hey everyone!  Well... my time as a temporary JUGs girl has come to an end (boo hoo!!) and I just want to say that I have had the best time hangin' with the super talented JUGs team!  Gals... YOU ROCK!!  This week the JUGs challenge, hosted by the very talented Maria, is a 3D/template challenge and the theme is patriotic.  Now, I must tell you that I'm not so great with the whole template thing.  I have managed on occasion to make projects using templates that have turned out perfect, but generally I feel all thumbs when it comes to templates.   But for the JUGs girls I rose to the challenge (tee hee) and produced this little birdhouse:



I downloaded the template from Nichole Heady's blog (you can get it here) and printed it out on white cardstock.   I trimmed it out, punched the hole for the teeny tiny bird to get in and put it together using Scor-Tape (love that stuff... has a super strong bond.).  I then diecut the roof and the base from dark red and navy cardstock using a Spellbinders small long scalloped rectangle die (3rd smallest die) and a Spellbinders small scalloped square die (3rd smallest) and adhered them to the house.  The scalloped "bunting" was created by stamping one of the doily images from the WMS set Dainty Doily on white cardstock using dark red and navy ink and then trimmed as shown.  Some small stars from Hero Arts set were stamped using the same inks and adhered to the house to finish it off.  Not very elaborate, but I think very cute.  After I finished taking the photos I had to give the birdhouse to my five year old because he was COMPLETELY fascinated with it!

Make sure you check out all the fabulous projects from the JUGs design team of Kristin, PamDanaLisa, Maria, Kathryn, Andrea & Elise.

Thanks for taking a peek and thanks to the JUGs girls for having me join them this past month....

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Very cute and creative Rosemary! I would have had to give mine to my five your old too, there would have been no way that I could have kept it!

Maria said...

Thanks for being with us all month! You totally rocked! Your red/white and blue birdhouse is awesome!!!! Love what you did!

Barb said...

What a fun project, Rosie! Love the way it turned out! Beautiful!

Greta said...

Just adorable! LOVE this, Rosemary!

Lisa Kind said...

For someone who claims to be "all thumbs" when it comes to using templates, you did a fabulous job! I love this little birdhouse in its celebratory colors! It's no wonder your little guy wanted it! Thanks for being such a great JUGs guest! We'll look forward to seeing you playing our challenges in the future!

Dana Gustafson said...

When it comes to paper crafting...you are NEVER all thumbs! THis is so cute! I love the parade of stars across the top and yet another amazing use for your WMS doily set! When you noted you gave this to your 5yo, I thought to myself, what a perfect playhouse for some tiny action figure! I hope he's still having fun with it. Thanks so much for lending your creative brilliance to Just Us Girls this month. It has been so wonderful to have you!

Michelle said...

This bird house turned out awesome! love t!

Elise said...

I guess I'm just a LATE TO THE PARTY kind of girl, but that's when you get the BEST access to the tastiest treats! Hee hee NO, seriously Rosie {It's been a HECK of a week!} So sorry it took me forever to get by - and to the girl who makes more cards than ANYONE, that will surely put a girl behind! Doh! Anyway, I've enjoyed drooling over this baby, now, for a WHILE and it only gets MORE delightful, every time I stare at it! FANTASTIC! Thanks for the terrific inspiration you shared SO generously all month long! YOUR work has been absolutely OUT OF THE PARK - Nothin' but HOME RUNS of fabulousness! You KNOW I'm SUCH a big fan, so that's what you GET! Love you, dear girl!