"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Paper Players + DeNami Design

Hey everyone!  Here with a card for two challenges:  DeNami Design and the Paper Players.  This week the challenge over at the Paper Players is a CAS challenge requiring you to use a sketch provided by the amazingly talented Jaydee.  The great thing about her sketch is that despite being some what simple in design, there really are many directions you could take it.  For my card I decided to keep simple because I was combining it with the DeNami Design color challenge.  The colors are purple, light blue, kraft and chocolate.  A lovely combo provided by the very talented Andrea, but for some reason I was having a hard time coming up with something that worked.... until I saw the sketch.   Thank goodness for that sketch!



I used the DeNami stamp, Rosebud Trio, and a sentiment also from DeNami.   The image and sentiment was stamped on white cardstock using chocolate ink and purple buttons (from PTI) were adhered over the flowers and the edges inked with some purple ink.  The image was matted with some kraft cardstock.  I decided to add some texture to the light blue panel by putting in my Swiss Dot embossing folder and running it through my Big Shot.   The only change I made to the sketch was putting the sentiment immediately under the image.  So... there it is a very simple little card.  

Thanks for taking a peek.....  

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & spring rain; SU! Crumb Cake; Ink:  SU! Choc. Chip, Memento Grape Jelly; Stamps:  DeNami Design; Sizzix Swiss Dot ef; PTI Plum Pudding buttons

27 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!

Lauri said...

Such a cute card with the buttons! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Andrea M said...

Rosemary, perfect CAS as always girl! I can't tell you how much I LOVE that swiss dot embossed background!!! GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!

Lisa Elton said...

Rosemary this is darling!!! I just adore dotted swiss paper and the button flowers are fabulous!

Robin K. said...

Such a sweet CAS card Rosemary! Love those purple button flowers!

Paulina said...

Such a sweet card, Rosemary. Love the CAS look that you went with. You just can't go wrong with button flowers. :)

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami Color Challenge!

Brenda said...

I love what you did with the sketch Rosemary! That Swiss Dot folder is my favourite!

Greta said...

Oh Rosemary--I love this "simple little card"!

Scrumplescrunch said...

A simple card it may be Rosie but it certainly has impact, your textured BG is a wonderful contrast to the minimalistic image,and those buttons are fabulous.
Smiles:)

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Fantastic card, Rosemary! I love your button flowers. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love your use of the colours and the button flowers are so pretty!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card with awesome sketch and colors!!!

Elise said...

Rosebud and the ROSEBUD trio - you could take THAT group on the ROAD! Seriously! How PERFECT! Hee Hee HOW darling can one crafter be? Well - let's examine your exquisite card for the proof! VERY DARLING! I have to admit that a good sketch can REALLY solve the problem - great job, sweet one! - THAT Andrea - she knows how to cook up some color - I'll tellz you THAT! GREAT job!

Saints Rule! said...

So fun! The colors are so yummy!

Christine said...

How do you it? So many ideas you have! Very cute!
Christine

Tina M said...

That is so adorable...thanks for sharing!

Hedgehog Reader said...

Your card is darling! Love love love the rosebud trio, and with the buttons - absolutely adorable! :o)

Michele Gross said...

Really sweet :) Darling way to put the colors together. Glad you played with us at DeNami Design!

Sheryl said...

I love simple and sweet - just perfect!

Michelle said...

Love these colors! Great embossing and buttons!

Nance Leedy said...

So stinkin' cute! Love those button flowers and you've nailed the color combination! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Tres cute and I love the color combo! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge at the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! I love the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players again this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Those button flowers are stinkin' cute! Love the fun color combo and the embossing, too. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Cindy Beach said...

I've so enjoyed discovering you blog. Your CAS samples are true masterpieces, I love this one! Great take on the sketch.

Lesley said...

How sweet! I love what you did with the buttons. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a clean and cute design! LOVE your button topped flowers and the embossed polka dots! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Design Color Challenge!