"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Memory Box Thank You

A card for two challenges today:  Paper Players and Stampin Sisters In Christ.  The Stampin' Sister in Christ challenge is to use something new on your project whether it is new products, technique, etc.   The Paper Players challenge is to make a thank you card.   So... for my card I used some brand new Memory Box products that I bought on Saturday.  Memory Box has some beautiful paper packs and recently came out with a new pack called "Valise".    When I saw that Memory Box had printed the patterns on kraft paper I knew I had to get a pack.  So on Saturday morning I made a trip to Impress Rubber Stamps and picked up the Valise papers and a set of new Memory Box dies called "Bakery Labels".  I used both for my card. 



Now over at SSIC, Linda (Lovely Linda) provided the most wonderful devotional based on John 13:34-35 and the new commandment.  I loved her explanation that by keeping the new commandment that we love one another the way Jesus loved us that we are not putting away the ten commandments, but gaining a new tool to help us keep the ten commandments!   Thus, the challenge to use new products, techniques, etc on your card.  Making my card a "thank you" card just seemed a good fit. 

One of the neat things I discovered about the Valise collection are the sheets of various tags that come in the pack.  I cut one out and stamped the Memory Box Butterfly Collage stamp on it using SU! Baja Breeze.  A second butterfly was stamped, trimmed out and then covered with Diamond Stickles.  Once it was dry it was attached to the first butterfly.  I used the bakery labels die to cut out a label and then stamped "thank you" on it using Baja Breeze.  I feel like the card is missing something, but overall I'm happy with it.

Thanks for taking a peek...

16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

you did it agin, I love the lace you added!!!

Brenda said...

Oh I do love those colours with the Kraft Rosemary! A beauty, as always! Big congrats to you on the Tuesday Trigger Target! I was so happy to be mentioned in the same post as you, it makes me feel important and slightly talented!!!

Christine said...

It's the perfect card! I love the colours!
Hug
Christine

jaydee said...

The turquoise with the kraft is a gorgeous combination. This has fabulous vintage elements, with clean and simple lines. perfect combo. The ruffled lace is fabulous.
so glad you joined the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosemary.
Missing Something!!!!!!I am beginning to think that you are catching the "ADD" Bug.
For you to state these two words when you have made a card that has 7 elements attached to it is surprise to me as you are the Queen of CAS.
This creation in my humble opinion has great form,it has just the right amount of Teal to compliment the neutral sandy craft card.
I cannot see your sentiment very well in photo, you have wisely used a supporting colour to convey your message perhaps it should be a more dominant.
Smiles:)

Elise said...

Hi, Mrs. LOVELY! This is one toothy piece of fabulousness {I want to bite it, for some reason!} It's delicious and wonderfully colored - MEOW! You should become a spokeswoman for Memory Box - I MUCH have me some! xoxoxoxo!

None None said...

This is beautiful - I love the elegance with the lace and the shimmer on the butterfly.

LeAnne said...

Oh my....can you just bring all your stuff to my house so I can share with you??? This is LOVELY...you are going to become an enabler, I have run all over blogland looking for these goodies to buy! Just beautiful! I like it the way it is--shabby & chic! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players Kind Thanks challenge this week!

Lauri said...

This is so pretty! I love the shabby chic style! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

Greta said...

Lovely soft colors & overall just beautiful! Love your work, Rosemary!

Angelica Turner said...

This is stunning, great design and love the lace.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my gosh--stamping turquoise on kraft? Genius! So pretty and I am so jealous that you can just hop in the car and drive to Impress! Lovely card and thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! :-)

Michelle said...

Rosemary, I love these colors together! Pretty butterfly!!

Lauri said...

Beautiful card! I love the color combination you chose! Thanks for playing with us this week at the paper players!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning! So soft and shabby chic! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

MariLynn said...

My favorite colors~~ I love that ticket with the little butterfly. I also really like that brad. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!