"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Fun with One Layer Wednesday

So this week the incredibly talent Susan is hosting One Layer Wednesday and she gave us the challenge of creating a one layer card using these summertime colors:  yellow, orange & aqua.   When I first read the challenge I groaned... because I don't really do alot of creating with orange.  Nothing against orange, but it just isn't a color I pick that often unless it is forced upon me!    But I rose to the occasion because this is after all a challenge!  I started thinking and remember a super fun summertime card I made last week using the Hero Arts/BasicGrey Lauderdale cling set.  The set includes a really fun palm tree image.  So I got that set out, along with the Hero Arts set "A Kiss from the Sun" and came up with this little number:



And yes... I realize my aqua will probably be considered by some to be more of a bright blue, but to be honest aqua can encompass a range of colors.  After stamping the trees I just had to adds a couple of bright blue cord buttons because they just looked so darn cute!!  Anywho... I'm also going to be putting this in to the current Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger because well... the bright colors in the photo just make me think of summer!

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Inks:  Memento - Bahama Blue, Tangelo & Dandelion; Buttons:  DeNami Design & SU!

24 comments:

Barb said...

You are so clever! Love this fun, summery card, Rosie!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I can relate your feelings towards ORANGE Rosie. It is a colour not to be taken seriously,it always comes across playful,like for toys and games,and inexpensive plastics!
It can be loud on a card,so it has to be used wisely. Your theme of summer is perfect because Orange radiates with Warmth, your placement for the Sun creates the right balance with your Aqua/Blue(whatever)buttons.
I think it is a beautiful card.
Smiles:)

Elise said...

OOOooooowwwww! THIS is ADORABLE!!! It is SUCH a pleasure to see HOW you get where you are going - this is SUCH juicy work and stunning use of inspiration! Yeowza!

craftieodmae said...

oh wow, this is awesome!!!! YOu do one layer so good!!! Love the buttons

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a fun card - love the button coconuts!! Brilliant!

VanessaB said...

really cute and summery. love the coconut buttons :)

kingstonmama said...

I like the way you've used these three colors. It's a bright and happy card. Love the button sun. :) Ann

SeattleStamper said...

Such a fun card! Love your take on the challenge.

Christine said...

You did it very well! With this colours we can feel the summer!
Christine

Jenny said...

Just loving the idea of corduroy coconuts :)
Brilliant card Rosemary, love the summer feel.
Jenny x

Michelle said...

Way too cute, Rosemary!
Love those blue corduroy brads!

Susan said...

Nah...it's definitely aqua! Trust me! LOVE the cool buttons you've added. A bright and cheerful card!
My Card

Lisa A. said...

What a creative use of the colors, simply sweet:)!! What a great summer card:)!!

Greta said...

Great card & perfect for the trigger! Love this, Rosemary!

sheila said...

what a great summertime card Rosemary! It is adorable and I love your "hot" sun!

Marlena M. said...

So cute and unique! ;)

G Peplow said...

Hi there Rosemary, Love how you've used the colours Susan gave us, your card is smiley and sunny, love it:0) I had a real problem with these colours, but there you go, LOL Gay xxx

Angelica Turner said...

Another perfectly designed card Rosemary, love how you used the buttons.

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh
my
goodness!

I can smell the coconut suntan oil from here. This is a brilliant use of the challenge colors in your signature style.

Susan Raihala said...

What a FABULOUS card! The cord buttons totally make the card...and they look like aqua to me, LOL!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, this one is too fun, Rosemary! Love the bright and cheerful colors!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love this CAS design :) That sentiment is too sweet!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha!! very fun! :)