"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 11, 2011

ODBDSLC64 - Ribbon Bookmarks

(For my JUGs post scroll down or click here.)

Hey everyone... time for a new challenge from ODBD.  This week the challenge for ODBDSLC64 is to make a ribbon bookmark.  As I was deciding what ribbon I would use I thought I would combine the challenge with the current color challenge over at CR84FN.  The colors this week are pink, green and a neutral.  For my neutral I decided to use cream.



For my bookmark I decided to use some really pretty pleated pink ribbon from May Arts.  I cut a piece of the ribbon about 20" long and then layered on top of it a piece of cream crocheted ribbon.  Both ends were then cut to form the "fishtail" ends.  I die cut two scalloped circles using the 4th largest Spellbinders Small Scalloped circle die.  These pieces were adhered to one end of  the ribbon as shown.  I stamped the image from the ODBD set "Serve the Lord" on cream cardstock with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and then colored with Copic markers (RV00, YG03 & YG23).  The image was then die cut using the 4th largest Spellbinders small plain circle die and adhered as shown.  I diecut two smalled scalloped circles and adhered them to the other end of the ribbon as shown.  The verse from the Scripture Col. 7 on cream cardstock using SU!'s Pear Pizzazz and then diecut that with the corresponding plain circle die.  I adhered that as shown, added the little rose and I was done.

Thanks for taking a peek...  I hope you will play along with the challenge.  You don't need ODBD stamps to participate, but if you wish to be considered for the "Shining the Light" award you do need to use ODBD stamps.  To make the challenge even more fun one randomly drawn participant will win a $15.00 gift certificate.    And don't forget to check out what the rest of the challenge team of Chris, Sabrina, FranPat & Silke have created!

18 comments:

Loli said...

hola Rosemary...BEaUTIFUL BOOKMARK!!!, i love the colours, so sweet, i love it.Well done
A warm hug From my little Island.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Rosemary!! I just love your pink and lace. So elegant!! Gorgeous coloring!! Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Jennipher said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous and I love the lace on it.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh! These are so gorgeous, Rosie! And in my favorite color combo! What a neat idea for a bookmark! Beautifully done!

Christine said...

Well done! It's beautiful just like the clours you used!
Christine

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Stars!!!! This is gorgeous!!!! You never fail to blow my mind with all your wonderful talent!

Brenda said...

Wow Rosemary that is totally gorgeous and very unique! I love your work, so inspiring! And thanks for all the lovely comments you leave me!

Heather Rogers said...

What a pretty bookmark. I love the ribbon you used and the Sweet Peas are darling. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, girl, this is one gorgeous bookmark!! I absolutely LOVE the lace over this beautful pleated ribbon. This is totally awesome!!! Have blessed weekend Hugs, Sabrina

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous bookmark Rosemary! Such pretty colored flowers and that ribbon is to die for! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lin said...

So gorgeous, Rosemary! Love the colors!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my! What an incredible looking bookmark, really gorgeous shade of pink!

Mary J said...

Soooo beautiful!

Elise said...

If there WAS a textbook that said "optimum way to use CR84fn colors" I'm pretty sure there'd be a picture of THIS card! YOU nailed it, girl! Bravo!!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh Rosemary, this is stunnng!!!! I'm in awe!!! The ribbon and lace are simply devine!!!

Jill said...

So beautiful, Rosemary! Your bookmark really caught my eye . . . the colors, the ribbon/trim combination, and the image/scripture choice . . . and then the rose! Love the rose!

Greta said...

Gorgeous bookmark, Rosemary!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! Makes me want to get rid of my Nook!