"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3 Challenges, 1 Difficult Card

This shouldn't have been as hard as it turned out to be, but I guess that is because I committed myself to a path and wasn't going to move from it.  It all started with my choice to use several shades of Bazzill green cardstock for the card.  You see, the current ODBD challenge ODBDSLC17 is a monochromatic color challenge to use either yellow, green or blue or you could use all three. I should have gone with that option!  Anyway, I also wanted to use my new Fern & Fiddles stamp set from Flourishes that I won last week for the card so green it was.  The 2nd challenge element is provided by FTTC71:  to use embossing on your card.   And for the last challenge, Waltzingmouse Stamp sketch challenge #2, WMSC2, to use this lovely sketch:   


So, I stamped and embossed and stamped and embossed some more, but still was not satisfied.  I put it down to my cardstock choice (see above).  Bazzill is great cardstock, but not the best choice for stamping.  Live and learn.   And so there it is:  3 challenges; 1 difficult card!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI - White; Bazzill - Green; Ink:  Ranger Bundled Sage Distress Ink; Stamps: Flourishes Ferns & Fiddles, Waltzingmouse Stamps - Very Vintage Labels 10; Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Labels 10 dies; Cuttlebug Birds & Vines embossing folder; EKSuccess English Ivy border punch

12 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I think your card is just beautiful! I love the soft colors and the leaves are very restful. Nice work!

stampingandstitching said...

Well Rosemary your difficult card turned out gorgeous and well done for covering all three challenges!The colours are so soft and soothing. Wonderful layering and texture too!

Elise said...

Wow, Rosie! If you didn't admit this was a challenge, I would have never known! It's exquisite! Those greens are just wonderful together. It's subtle in range of colors, but the embossing and detail cutting just SCREAM elegance! You HANDLED these three challenges expertly, from my seat! Bravo, sweet girl!

Pauline said...

Really serene and soft, love the fern image and the monochrome feel to it. Pauline x

Jenny said...

Such a pretty card, love it!! Dont forget about my challenge this week!! Its a great prize! :)

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty monochromatic card! love the greens, the pretty foliage and punched edge. thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Lin said...

So glad you persisted, Rosemary, this is so elegant. I love ferns and these are wonderful, and such a pretty shade of green!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, this is so gorgeous...love it!!! Thanks so much for taking the time again to play along in ODBD's Shining the Light Challenge!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

B said...

So lovely! Love the monocromaticness and that lovely foilage! :)

Joyce across the Pond said...

These colours together are wonderful - a lovely combination - you did a great job!

Unknown said...

Oh I think it is a very soft restful card, beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at WMS!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Rosemary, I love how you used your brand spankin' new set!!! Beautiful card and the colors looks wonderful!!! Sweet design and the embossed BG is awesome too!!! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hope to see you again on Tuesday :) !!! Hugs S