"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, June 10, 2010

ColourQ and a Waltzing Mouse!

This week is the first week for the new Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge blog!  I had longed for some of the wonderful stamps from Waltzingmouse and finally about a month ago I was able to get my hands on them.  Can you say LOVELY??? Because that is what they are, lovely.  I paired this week's ColourQ challenge (cqc36) with Waltzingmouse's first sketch (WMSC1) challenge.   Isn't that little knitted toy just the cutest thing??  It reminds me of my boys "Ugly Dolls"!  And what fun colors!  Now, Claire Brennan, the owner of Waltzingmouse Stamps is well a creative genius!  She designed a whole line of stamps that work perfectly with a lot of those Spellbinders Nestabilities we all own.  And, it gets better!  Her image sets are just out of this world!

For my card I used the WMS set Asian Gardens.  A beautiful set and I can truly say I have not seen another set like it out on the market.   Can't wait to use it again, and again, and again!  I stamped the tree top portion on white cardstock with VersaMagic Aspen Mist ink which is very, very close to SU!'s Sage Shadow and then trimmed all parts out.  I did all my diecutting any layering and then stamped the trunk in the center with Choc. Chip ink and layered on the tree top parts.  Added some rhinestones and a  few more bits and I was done.



I will be giving this card to my older son's special education teacher, along with a small gift.  Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI - White; SU! Choc. Chip; Pumpkin Pie; So Saffron, Ink:  SU! Choc. Chip; Pumpkin Pie; VersaMagic Aspen Mist; Rhinestones:  KaiserCraft & Memory Box; Stamps:  WMS Asian Gardens; Cuttlebug; Spellbinders dies

15 comments:

Elise said...

WHOA, girl! TALK ABOUT FINE INSPIRATION! Oh, that wee little monster COLOR inspiration is DARLING! What fun! AND, so much fun challenge that you are teasing me with! I will definitely check out Waltzing Mouse! This image is spectacular, and your use of it has floored me this morning! I love it - makes me want to BONSAI! xoxoxo!

Unknown said...

Rosemary, this is just sublime, I am in love with that little blue tree! and you were so very kind about WMS in your post, Thank you so much! So pleased you were able to join us for the challenge!

Pauline said...

Beautiful and serene card, lovely colour combo. Pauline x

Dana Gustafson said...

THis color combo plus that image set is a match mae in heaven! You made them sing a gracious and happy son! love it!

Ann said...

I love the colours you've used on your card - the tree is just beautiful.... I've been umming and ahhing over this set but you might just have persuaded me to put it in my next cart!

Renée said...

Beautiful use of the colours! Love that image :)

Anita Rex said...

Wow what a card! Such a nice stamp! I know your son's teacher will love it!

Julia Aston said...

Oh! how yummy this is in these colors! love the bling and the flowers in the corner! thanks so much for playing with WMS this week!

Karen said...

I love seeing what Claire has up her creative sleeve!! How did I miss this fabby tree?!?! I love all the cutting & layering you did here....the tree just PoPs off of your great card! :>:>

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card! Love that tree image! Great use of the colors and that sketch. :o)

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is gorgeous Rosemary! I love the colours you have used and the way you have embellished the tree with gems. Wonderful cutting too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love it.... I've been looking at the that color challenge and this card is a definitely inspiration!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super awesome use of the colors on your beautiful card, Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Jill said...

Love those bold scallops! Such a unique, eye catching care! Fabulous!

Tanja said...

AWESOME card!!!! Wonderful take on the sketch and on the color challenge. This is sooo lovely!!!! Thank you for playing with us the colorQ challenge this week