"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 26, 2010

ColourQ 38 & 4 Butterflies

Finally got a card done for the current ColourQ challenge.  I was feeling pretty mojo-less this week and just couldn't seem to come up with any good ideas for the lovely color combo Arielle debut on Tuesday.  On Monday a box of goodies had arrived from Creative Play Stamps (lightening fast delivery, too, as I had only placed my order on Friday evening, I think! Check them out as you can sign up to get monthly coupons and they always have new stuff discounted.) and with it came this cute stamp Little Butterfly from Hero Arts.  I had already used it once this week on another card, but last night it hit me:  it was perfect for an idea I had for ColourQ. 

Using each color I stamped the butterfly twice.  One image was punched out using my SU! 1 3/4 circle punch and the 2nd image just had the wings trimmed out.  I also did a bit of rock n' rolling with the 2nd image.  I decided to match up the Riding Hood Red (my favorite red!  so glad SU! is bringing it back!) with the Pumkin Pie and the Kiwi Kiss with the Bordering Blue (I don't have Bordering Blue ink so I used VersaMagic Aegean Blue, which is a good match).  Using my SU! scalloped circle punch I punched out circles of corresponding cardstock and then layered everything up as you see it.  I kept the cardstock based plain white so the colors could really pop!



Thanks for taking a peek.  Hope you are having a good weekend.  Its sunny here, finally, in western Washington, yay!!!  Looks like summer has finally arrived!

Supplies:   Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie & Bordering Blue; Ink:  SU! Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss & Pumpkin Pie; VersaMagic Aegean Blue; Punchs:  SU! 

10 comments:

Arlene said...

Love the colors and glittery wings. Beautiful design too.

Barb said...

Love, love, love, this card, Rosemary! That butterfly image is so neat! Fabulous colors and so pretty with the glitter!

Nat said...

Super Summery design! Love these butterflies!!

Michele Gross said...

Wowzers! This is a stunner! I really really really love this card :D

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card! I love your butterflies, they look embossed!

LeAnne said...

What a lovely butterfly image! Very nice sketch and great way to use our CQC colors!

Mary Brown said...

WOW BEAUTIFUL butterflies!

Lesley said...

Wow! Great card! Love those butterflies!

stampingandstitching said...

This is gorgeous Rosemary!Love all the sparkle and colours you have used! Wonderful dimension too!

Elise said...

These butterflies look like they are DANCING! They must be - what magnificent use of color! Wonderful work, sweet Rose! Your use of glitter makes me swoon! Yee Haw!