"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Enjoy Every Moment

The current monthly challenge on the Hero Arts blog is to make a summer fun/July 4th card or to use a color layering technique.   I have had this idea for a summertime card rolling around for awhile and finally got a chance to make the card.   What says summer more than a beach scene!  I used two different Hero Arts sets (Antique Engravings & Thoughtful Messages) and a Hero Arts background stamp (Clouds) on the card.  The "grass" in the background is a stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.   I also pulled out two neglected ink pads, Stampin Up's River Rock and Hero Arts' Soft Pool. 



I covered the card front with the Clouds stamp using Soft Pool and then added the grass with River Rock.  The shells were stamped using both Soft Pool & River Rock.  I tore two strips of patterned paper from the DCWV mat stack The Linen Closet to create the "beach" and covered them with Stickles Crystal glitter glue.  Everything was then layered on the card.  I also added a bit of glimmer to the shells using my Gelly Roll pen.

Thanks for taking a peel!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White; Patterned Paper:  DCWV Linen Closet mat stack; Ink: SU! River Rock, Hero Arts Soft Pool; Stamps:  Cloud DB, Antique Engravings & Thoughtful Messages; CHF:  August Stamp of the Month;  Ranger Stickles Crystal glitter glue; Gelly Roll pen

8 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Ahhhhhhh! I want to kick off my shoes and dig my toes in that sparkley sand! Cool ocean breeze is literally swirling around your card. So pretty!

Elise said...

Hey....! I was going to write "ahhhhhhhhh" as well! Dana and I are obviously on the same page since we've had quite a little heat wave in the area! But, yes, this looks REFRESHING... not only to the BODY, but to the soul! I love this, Rose... NICE "scene!" I love the festival of materials you've kicked out for this fantastic piece!!! So glad you got all of those ideas OUT OF YOUR HEAD and down with paper, ink, stamp and sparkle... So now we can have it in our head's, too!

Barb said...

This is a perfect card to make anyone feel better! So calm and soothing! What a wonderful effect from your shimmery sand! Just love this Rosemary! :)

Cindy said...

If this doesn't win just.........GORGEOUS Rosemary. And actually, soothing. So soft and pretty.

Anita Rex said...

oooo the beach scene is perfect for a summer card! Such a great beach scene, it's serene! Great card!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is fantastic Rosemary! Love the beach scene and it makes me want to go to the beach right now! Wonderful design and I love all the shimmery goodness!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! Love the glitter dude! You know how I love shiny cards :-) Not sure how to select a profile so I'm anonymous(I think you know who I am RB)

Michelle said...

This is just fabulous!! Just dropped in to see all the details:-) Love it!!