"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

JUGs 38 - Pink & Brown


A quick post about my card for the current JUGs challenge.  The challenge this week is a color challenge:  pink, brown and vanilla.   I have been feeling mojo-less for the last few days and to get things restarted I decided to combine the JUGs challenge with the current PaperCrafts Connection sketch challenge #4.   Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the sketch.  As I thought about what I paper I would use for the card I thought about some old SU! DP that I have that was perfect for the challenge.  I don't even remember the name, just that it was pink, brown and vanilla.    I used Nesties Labels 9 dies and a cute new stamp from Hero Arts called Little Butterfly.  The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions set CreativTea.    Did some sponging/distressing on the edges of the die cut piece, as well as on the patterned paper.  The butterfly was stamped in Close to Cocoa on the die cut piece and then in Pretty in Pink on a scrap of cream cardstock.  Just the wings were cut out and popped up on top of the brown image.  



I finished the card with some vintage seam binding (I actually bought it at an antique store, it is from the 70s) that I crinkled up by getting it wet and wadding into a loose ball.  A SU! cord button was added to the center.  

Thanks for taking a peek. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream; Patterned Paper:  SU! DP; Ink:  SU! Pretty in Pink; Close to Cocoa; Dies: Spellbinders Labels 9 dies; EK Success punch; SU! Word Window punch; Talon pink seam binding; SU! cord button

7 comments:

Barb said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary! Doesn't look like you're mojo-less to me! I love these colors and the vintage feel!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! Beautiful design and distressing. I love the big scallops and the pretty butterfly. Love the look of the vintage seam binding too!

Elise said...

This is shabby-licious, darling! Love the texture and the layers and that BUTTERFLY! This is one of those cards that you can just stare at and enjoy in so many ways! Wonderful! {Sooooo impressed with the authentically VINTAGE seam binding! Yeah, baby, YEAH!}

Sue Lelli said...

That ribbon is such a find!!!! I NEVER would have thought to look in an antique store! LOVELY card! LOVE the distressing, too!

AKiteFlier said...

Just beautiful - great find with that seam binding. Thanks for coloring along with JUGS this week :-)

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card! Wow girl you can put a card together like nobody's business! Great job :) Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week :)

Nancy said...

I like your card, too, Rosemary! Very nice shabby design, and that ribbon is perfect!