"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Cherries

Summer is apparently going to be slow in arriving in the Northwest this year, but one thing that isn't slow in coming are cherries from Eastern Washington!  Yummy, delicious cherries like Bing and Rainier.   And it was cherries that I thought of when I saw the new monthly Hero Arts blog challenge to make a summer/4th of July card (or to use the color layering techinque).  I have had the Hero Arts cling Cherries (CG117) for quite sometime now and have never (yes, I said never) used it.  So I pulled it out for my card.   I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored everything with my Copics.  I figured that since I'm taking a Copic certification class at the end of the month, it might be a good idea to finally start using them!   The patterned pattern is from the DCWV mat stack The Sweet Stack.  I used my SU! Top Note die, as well.   


Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI - Pure Poppy & White; PP:  DCWV - The Sweet Stack; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Markers:  Copics;  Stamps:  HA Cherries cling; CTMH Typewrite Keys; Ribbon:  PTI - Pure Poppy twill

5 comments:

Elise said...

This is yummy on ALL KINDS OF LEVELS... Rosie! Such happy-cherry-flavored fabulousness going on here, super-crafty one! I'm smitten for that CHERRY STAMP! So glad you FINALLY gave it some love! And YEE HAW, it was clearly worth the wait! This is darling fun!

Anonymous said...

Love this sweet card, Rosemary! Such a cute stamp that you finally used! Wonderful coloring and the pretty red bow is the perfect touch! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this sweet card, Rosemary! Great coloring on this cute stamp that you finally used! The pretty red bow is the perfect touch! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love this sweet card, Rosemary! Great coloring on the stamp that you finally used! The red bow is perfect! :)