"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hydrangea Blue

Its a rainy afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest, leaving most of us wondering if summer will ever come!  A perfect day though to stay inside and make some cards.  So far I have gotten one done.... a card for the current Play Date Cafe' challenge (PDCC34), to use black and white with blue. I  just love the photo they provided for inspiration!  For my card I decided to use a sketch from Clean & Simple and a couple of stamps from Hero Arts, Hydrangea & French Writing with Butterfly. 

I stamped the French Writing with Butterfly on PTI's white cardstock using Prussian Blue ink (Nick Bantock col. from Ranger) and then stamped the Hydrangea over the top with Close to My Hearts black ink.  I stamped the flower portion of the hydrangea on white cardstock with the Prussian Blue ink, trimmed it out and then popped it up over the first image with foam dimensionals.  I did a bit of distressing on the edges of the white cardstock and the dark blue cardstock I used as a mat.  I cut a piece of black cardstock to fit the front and then punch one long edge with my Apron Lace punch.   The edges were distressing and white satin ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon store was tied around it.    



Thanks for taking a peek.  Hope you had a sunnier weekend then I did!

Supplies:  Stamps:  Hero Arts - Hydrangea & French Writing w/Butterfly; cardstock:  PTI white; True Black & Enchanted Evening; Ink:  Prussian Blue - Ranger; Black - Close to My Heart;  Satin ribbon:  May Arts; Punch - Fiskars Apron Lace

13 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the blue and white together. Your hydrangea is stunning!

Anne said...

Rosemary this is absolutely gorgeous- love the hydrangea in blue! Hope you get to see the sun real soon too :)

Barb said...

LOVE your take on the inspiration photo, Rosemary! This is sooo gorgeous! Love everything about it! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is gorgeous Rosemary! I love how you have used the colours from the challenge! Beautiful design and I love that great big bow. Hope the sun starts shining for you soon!

Elise said...

Okay, beautiful card! I'm going to celebrate you, again! hee hee Rosie - you and exquisite botanical stamps go together like PEAS & CARROTS! I always love how you make them your own. You exquisite color skills are show in their very best light when you work with an image like this! This card, and your use of THESE colors and that glorious inspiration - made my day brighter! It should DEFINITELY bring summer YOUR way!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woow I love your flower and using the color combo so nice dear Rosemary...Stunning Hydrangea agree with Kathy..your bow is adorable too....I just joining The Play Date Cafe challenge too and my card is number 67, would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty,wonderful Hydrangea image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Velta said...

Oh my this is stunning girl! I love the colors and of course that beautiful bow! I also adore the card below...I have those PTI stamps and have yet to use them...but you gave me inspiration with that one...TFS :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous! Great take on the color challenge, love that big, silky bow!

Ruby said...

Beautiful card, lovely image! That bow looks FAB too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love that Hydrangea and you made a lovely card with it. Thanks for playing again at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Rosemary! Love the blue hydrangea! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the hydrangea and LOVE how you stamped the black leaves on top of the text. And the butterfly just makes it perfect!!!