"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flutterescent & Get Sketchy 40


It has been a long, long time since I have been able to participate in a Get Sketchy challenge.  Finally I made the time today and made the following card based on the current sketch #40.  Part of the challenge was to make a masculine/father's day card, but after I got the Flutterescent butterfly set from Layers of Color yesterday my heart was set on using it.  The butterflies are gorgeous!  I used the largest one, along with DCWV Mariposa papers for the card. 

I stamped the butterfly twice on a piece of Mariposa pp with VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed using Filigree white embossing powder.  I stamped the word "Wonderful" in VersaMark, as well, and embossed with the white embossing powder.  The butterflies were trimmed out, layered together and then attached to the card front.  Did a bit of distressing to the pp used on the card as well.   Thanks for taking a peek.  I so appreciate your comments!
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI - Vintage Cream ; PP:  DCWV - Mariposa Matstack; Ink:  VersaMark; Embossing Powder - Filigree White; Stamps:  Layers of Color Flutterescent
 

1 comment:

Elise said...

Holy super shabbylicious masterpiece! I love the softness and sweet vintage edge to this gorgeously crafted little gem! You've got your CRAFT on, today, sweet sister of the stamp {and ink, and bling, paper, glitter, yee haw!}...

Love THIS!