"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 25, 2010

Paper Play Challenge 25 and a Little Extra

I recently took a look at the PaperPlay challenge blog after my fellow blogging friend, Heather Maria, became a design team member.  I got the chance to make a card for this week's challenge... to make something that includes the sun.  I had recently stepped a little outside my box and purchased the Hero Arts set: Kiss from the Sun.  It is a really cute set and while a little outside my comfort zone, I'm glad that I got it!   I actually made two cards with it.  The card for the PaperPlay challenge (the 1st card) and a little extra (the 2nd card). 



Both cards were also made using patterned papers from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop 8x8 pad.  Love that paper! So cute and perfect for what I wanted to do.  I kept things pretty simple for my first outing with this set.  But did do some paper piecing.  And I added a bit of eyelet lace to the dress of the second card.  I love how it turned out!   Now that I have gotten my "feet wet" with this set, I'm excited about all the possibilities the set holds!



Thanks for taking a peek! 

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI kraft; SU! white and soft sky; Ink:  Memento Bahama Blue, Dandelion & Pear Tart; SU! Soft Sky & Close to Cocoa; PP:  October Afternoon Thrift Shop; Crystal Stickles; Eyelet lace; Stamps:  Kiss from the Sun; Cloud DB - Hero Arts 

7 comments:

Anita Rex said...

So cute! Love the eyelet lace you added to the dress! Perfection!

stampingandstitching said...

Rosemary, I'm delighted you're taking part in the PaperPlay Challenge this week! Your card is adorable! Love the cute scene you have created and your paperpiecing is brilliant! The sentiment is great too - looks like it's rippling in the breeze! Your second card is super cute! Beautiful pp in the bg and I love the dress with the lace underskirt. You're making me want that new set!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Heather, these cards are adorable! I want those paper too! Just love your cards....so, so sweet.
Alicia xx

Unknown said...

Rosemary, these are just adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. So great to see Hero Art gals here too!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards, love how you've added the lace to the second card.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Monika Reeck said...

Both cards are adorable Rosemary..the one with bird and sunshine is sooo cuutee....the lace on the second card is a very great idea dear....Adorable card...would you mind to see my Blog, I am joining the Paperplay challenge too, my card is number 43, many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Elise said...

Ack! These are SO ca-ute! They are BOTH such happy, feel good cards - YEAHOOO! Could you be any more inspired with your use of that darling eyelet ribbon accent! {Oh, I miss those lil' dresses!} You've been such a WONDERFUL and prolific card maker!