"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WMS Sketch Challenge #3

Another quick post, this time a card for the current Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch challenge (WMSC3).  Today is the first time I have managed to get my card done the day before the challenge closes!  Maybe next week I can get it done two days before!!!   Anywhoo.... another lovely sketch was provided for our enjoyment.    I had thought I might combine the sketch with a color challenge, but ended up taking a few steps out of my box (ie comfort zone) and came up with my own color combo.  When I was all finished, I was really quite happy with what I had chosen.  I used some yummy Cosmo Cricket Material Girl papers as my jumping off point, threw in some colors from SU! and PTI and mixed them all up!   A bit o' distressing was done on this card and I had to laugh when I realized just how much it looked like the card I had made the JUGs challenge (see this post here)!   I used a stamp from WMS Very Vintage Labels 4 set and stamps from the Taylored Expressions set  CreativiTea (the teapot and sentiment).



Two posts in one night!  That's a little much.  Anyway..... thanks for taking a peek!   And as the Head Mousetress herself, Claire, would say:  "hope it tickles"!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Baja Breeze; PTI Vintage Cream; PP:  Cosmo Cricket Material Girl; Ink:  SU! Groovy Guava & Baja Breeze; Stamps:  WMS Very Vintage Labels 4; Taylored Expressions CreativiTea; Ribbon:  PTI Melon Berry; Button:  SU! Baja Breeze cord button; twine - May Arts; Spellbinders Labels 4 dies; Fiskars Upper Crust punch

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A lovely serene card to match your sentiment! love the soft colors on this - the framed teapot looks so pretty! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Elise said...

This is ABSOLUTELY my cup of tea, Rosie! Mmmmm, baby! Those colors are smashing! Hearing about the evolution of this card made me so delighted to be a crafter - I TRULY appreciate your journey! And the end result - brilliance! I had to click and enlarged the photo to see if you had actually stamped that beautiful tea pot/frame, paper pieced or whether or not it was a pre-made EMBELLI! It's gorgeous! {Like YOU!}

Cindy said...

I love that blue pp. And combined with that tea pot it's a beauty!

Jinny Newlin said...

Love this color combo and that teapot image! What a great take!

stampingandstitching said...

It definitely tickles Rosemary - wonderful card! This colour combination is so yummy and I love what you did with the sketch! The beautiful teapot looks perfect teamed with the Very Vintage Labels stamp!

anya said...

Very pretty! I love the color combination! So glad you could play along with us this week.

anya said...

This is beautiful! I love the color combination that you used! So glad you could play along with our sketch challenge this week!

Ann said...

Ooo that teapot is gorgeous! Such a pretty card with lovely colours.