"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ODBDSLC16 - Sketch Challenge

A card today for ODBD's current challenge to use the sketch they provided.  Several weeks ago I was fortunate enough to have Random.org pluck my name from the entrants for ODBDSLC14 and I won a ODBD gift certificate!  I'm using one of the sets that I purchased using that gift certificate:  Grow in Grace.   I have had my eye on that set (and alot more) for a loooong time and was so excited to finally get it!  I used more papers from the DCWV mat stack The Linen Closet and some completely YUMMY satin ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I stamped the sentiment on some PTI white shimmer cardstock that I die cut with a Spellbinders large scallop circle die in SU!'s Baja Breeze ink.  I then stamped the dogwood image next to it using Memento's London Fog.  The image was stamped again on PTI's white cardstock, colored with my Prisma pencils and gamsol, trimmed out and then adhered over the first image using SU! dimensionals. 

I did a bit of distressing on all the patterned paper pieces using CTMH's Parchment ink, which is a great choice to use for light distressing.   Finished the card off with the beautiful ivory satin ribbon from Stamp Simply and some light blue rhinestones.

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Baja Breeze; PTI - White & White Shimmer; PP:  DCWV - Linen Closet mat stack; Stamps:  ODBD - Grow in Grace; Ink: Memento London Fog; SU! Baja Breeze; CTMH Parchment; Rhinestones - KaiserCraft; Ribbon May Arts Ivory Satin

7 comments:

Elise said...

This is BREATH TAKING! What a stunning creation, Rosie! That ribbon and bling are so well placed and truly embrace the feeling of this beautiful sentiment! Wonderous work, talented friend!

Pati said...

Beautiful, soft colors! Love those flowers!

Unknown said...

So pretty!!! I love the soft colors and the dogwood is beautiful! Thanks for playing in the challenge!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, what a gorgeous card and such an awesome way of using this fabulous stamps set you chose. Love it!!! Thanks for palying along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so soft elegant! I love your dogwood image. Such a gorgeous take on the sketch challenge. Thanks for playing with the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge.

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful design Rosemary! The colours are so soft and pretty and I love your mix of pps!

Anonymous said...

Wow,this is so cool too RB! You are amazing!!