"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ColourQ 37 and a Big Flower!

Can I just tell you how happy I am I found the ColourQ challenge?  Really happy!  Arielle, the creative gal behind this blog, really knows how to find some fantastic inspiration for each of her color challenges.  This week is no exception.   Take a look at these yummy colors: 

Like my Hero Arts flickr group friend, Heather Maria, I'm fascinated/in love with the Hero Arts Big Flower cling!   The stamp is just so beautiful and there are so many different ways you can use it.  I stamped the flower in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Vintage Cream cardstock and then sponged the flower with SU!'s Cameo Coral and Ruby Red inks.  Both these colors are being retired by SU! and I'm pretty bummed as I really like both.  But, I'm thankful that I have the ink pads, reinkers and cardstock.  I don't have Always Artichoke ink, so I used the new Ranger Forest Moss distress ink which is fairly close to Always Artichoke for the leaves which are from the PTI set Friends til the End set.    The patterned paper is from October Afternoon's Thirft Store 8x8 pad. 


Thanks for taking a peek today and I hope that you will click on the link for ColourQ and check them out.  I also need to give a shout out to Arielle for picking my cards for the Colour Queen Courtiers 3 weeks in a row!!!  Thanks, Arielle!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI - Vintage Cream; SU! Ruby Red; PP - October Afternoon Thirft Shop; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Ruby Red & Cameo Coral; Ranger Forest Moss distress ink; Stamp:  Hero Arts Big Flower cling; Kaiser rhinestones

16 comments:

Elise said...

Hellooooooooooo! I can CERTAINLY see why your cards have been selected, because you + COLOR Q = Va va va voom! This such fabulous use of these gorgeous colors, I think I can actually SMELL that spectacular thing! Yummm! I love that you've just let the flowers and the electric use of BLING do the talkin'! This is WONDERFUL, Rosie!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!!!! No wonder Arielle picked you three weeks in a row! :D

Faye said...

Wow, what a gorgeous big flower, Rosemary! Your background paper is really pretty.

stampingandstitching said...

We'll have to set up the Large Flower fan club Rosemary lol! Congrats on your 3 in a row!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and how you have deepened the colour towards the centre. The pp is the perfect background for it!

Barb said...

So beautiful, Rosemary! Love the color of the flower! Fabulous background too! :)

Nancy said...

I love this card design, Rosemary! The bright warm colors and that gorgeous flower are just perfect! I'm checking out your link to ColourQ.
blessings,
nancy

Lin said...

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, too - LOOOOOVE your card! These colors are dynamite together. And thanks for pointing out the ColourQ challenge; I may be joining this one - you're right, the colors are scrumptious!!

Nat said...

wow! love this so much! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful!

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely stunning, Rosemary!

Sylvia said...

Congrats, this is truly a beautiful card!

Emma H said...

Lovely card, please come visit my blog, I'm giving away candy here:

http://paperaddictsanonymous.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-candy.html

RobbynW said...

Love that your flower and leaves overhang the card...adds some great character! Congrats on being a Color Queen Courtier (again!)

Anonymous said...

So you have a tutorial on this card. It is beautiful and I would like to know what kind of sponge you used on the flower to achieve the beautiful color variations. Thanks.

Linda D.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how she applied these colors. She said with a sponge, but the sponges that I have tried did not turn out this nice. She hasn't responded to my first comment and I don't know how to email her. Thanks.

Linda D.

Rosemary said...

linda... i'm sorry i didn't respond, but i didn't have anyway of contacting you, either since you did not leave me your email address. if you email me at dennis.rosemary@yahoo.com i will try to explain what i did.