"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 18, 2010

Flying High

Since October of last year I have been getting stamps from The {Stamps}of Life through their monthly club.  The stamps are clear stamps and all the sets are super cute.  The brains and creativity behind The {Stamps} of Life is Stephanie Barnard who is an absolute sweetie pie!  The set for June called Kites2Fly is super duper cute and I couldn't wait to make something with it!  When I saw the current sketch from Clean & Simple, FTL95 I knew immediately that I was going to use Kites2Fly for the sketch.  I stamped the kite on white cardstock and then again on patterned paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop 8x8 pad and did some paper piecing.  I hand drew the kite string, pierced the cardstock and then hand stitched the kite string with DMC floss.  I finished off the kite string by sewing on 3 tiny buttons.   I assembled the card and then used some more of the DMC floss to tie around the card.  I love how it turned out!



Thanks for taking a peek, I so appreciate those of you who take the time to leave me a comment!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White & kraft; PP:  Thrift Shop October Afternoon; Stamps:  The {Stamps} of Life Kites2Fly; SU! Scalloped border punch; DMC floss

11 comments:

Julie said...

SO cute! Love the kite!!

Heather Maria said...

This is adorable Rosemary! Yummy colours. The paper pieced kite is brilliant with the stitching and buttons!

Dana Gustafson said...

Darling! I love the paper piecing with this set!

Sarah Mc said...

Beautiful card!

Lin said...

Wonderful, Rosemary - I love the colors and your design! The buttons are the perfect touch!

Amanda said...

So gorgeous, love it to bits!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card and beautiful design.

Elise said...

Heeeeyyyyyy! I love how this turned out, too! It's just DREAMY! Your use of stitching is FLAWLESS! It really creates the Kite-flying mood! LOVE IT, sweet one!

annieambriel said...

i love this.. Love the colour combo. And arent those tail buttons adorable :D

Ann said...

Super cute!

Jess said...

I love this Rosemary! The colour combination is to die for!! :)