"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 18, 2010

Flying High

Since October of last year I have been getting stamps from The {Stamps}of Life through their monthly club.  The stamps are clear stamps and all the sets are super cute.  The brains and creativity behind The {Stamps} of Life is Stephanie Barnard who is an absolute sweetie pie!  The set for June called Kites2Fly is super duper cute and I couldn't wait to make something with it!  When I saw the current sketch from Clean & Simple, FTL95 I knew immediately that I was going to use Kites2Fly for the sketch.  I stamped the kite on white cardstock and then again on patterned paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop 8x8 pad and did some paper piecing.  I hand drew the kite string, pierced the cardstock and then hand stitched the kite string with DMC floss.  I finished off the kite string by sewing on 3 tiny buttons.   I assembled the card and then used some more of the DMC floss to tie around the card.  I love how it turned out!



Thanks for taking a peek, I so appreciate those of you who take the time to leave me a comment!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White & kraft; PP:  Thrift Shop October Afternoon; Stamps:  The {Stamps} of Life Kites2Fly; SU! Scalloped border punch; DMC floss

11 comments:

Julie said...

SO cute! Love the kite!!

stampingandstitching said...

This is adorable Rosemary! Yummy colours. The paper pieced kite is brilliant with the stitching and buttons!

Dana Gustafson said...

Darling! I love the paper piecing with this set!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Beautiful card!

Lin said...

Wonderful, Rosemary - I love the colors and your design! The buttons are the perfect touch!

AJ said...

So gorgeous, love it to bits!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card and beautiful design.

Elise said...

Heeeeyyyyyy! I love how this turned out, too! It's just DREAMY! Your use of stitching is FLAWLESS! It really creates the Kite-flying mood! LOVE IT, sweet one!

Anonymous said...

i love this.. Love the colour combo. And arent those tail buttons adorable :D

Ann said...

Super cute!

Jess said...

I love this Rosemary! The colour combination is to die for!! :)