"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CCC #5 - Pond Life...

{for my Shining the Light post scroll down or click here)

Hello friends... I back with my post for this week's CASology challenge.  This week the cue word is "pond".  All the details can be found here.   Our guest designer this week is Joyce!





Once, again, when I saw the cue word I was a bit worried... what do I have that can be found in or around a pond???   First thing that came to mind was my Flourishes set "What a Catch".  The set has this cool image of a fish jumping out of the water as it tries to catch a fly which I used on the card.  I stamped the image using Memento's Tuxedo Black ink and then colored the image with Copic markers and then added the sentiment.  The layout I used is one that I have used many, many times for cards because it is tried and true and because it adheres to the simple design principle of creating a visual triangle.   The eye is naturally drawn to a visual triangle and it is easy to create one with your image and sentiment as I have done on my card.   The main image forms one side of the triangle while the sentiment forms another side.  The third side of the triangle is made by invisible connection between the end of the sentiment and the top of the image.  Make sense???  I hope so, lol!!

Thanks for stopping by....make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team:
Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth and this week's guest designer, Joyce!   Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Flourishes; Ink:  Memento; Copic Markers

26 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

An excellent card for you Dad Rosemary, love that image.

Ardyth said...

I was worried too - ponds and cas don't immediatlely go together in my mind, but you rocked it with this simply stamped image to make a perfect masculine card!

Melissa said...

Love your fish image, Rosemary! A perfect masculine CAS card!! :)

Sarah said...

Fabulous card Rosemary! Love your design tips! I'll have to give it a go! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sarah x

Barb said...

That really is a cool image, Rosie, and I love the way you've colored it!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cool card!!

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous male card Rosie, love the movement with this stamp:) Great tip for placement as well.
Val x

Christine said...

Perfect for a man! Great stamp!
Hug
Christine

Bernardine Cuttino said...

I am still worried. but your stamp is a catch, simply lovely. Hugs

Jan Castle said...

PERFECT!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Kath said...

A lovely card. Thanks for the explanation of visual triangle - I must try it out!
Kath x

Brenda said...

Oh boy! This is going to be a toughy if I even try to attempt it! But I so love this gorgeous image and that wonderful sentiment Rosemary! And I agree, use a layout that you know is a winner!

Lynne said...

Fabulous as always Rosemary. Love that image, it`s perfect for a masculine card.
Lynne xxx

G Peplow said...

Stunning, super CAS card Rosemary, perfect for a man:0) Thanks also for your kind comments, Gay xxx

Robin K. said...

Your description of a visual triangle makes perfect sense! I love this card-such a perfect masculine card! Very clean and unfussy!

craftieodmae said...

fantastic card, love the image!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary your coloring has that fish popping right off the card!!

Darnell said...

Rosemary, you have made a High Impact card. That fish image is to die for and that sentiment is sooo sweet! Awesome.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Rosemary, thanks for your kind comments on my card. when I looked at yours I almost cried since my Dad is gone. I love the fishy! Hugs, Bev

Carol L said...

This is fabulous! I love how you colored that fish, and the sentiment is so endearing :) NJ!

Sarn said...

Really neat card x

Viv said...

Great masculine card Rosie....and yes I understand the traingle thing too :)

Michelle said...

just perfect! love the sentiment, too!

Aileen said...

Great Dad card. Love the colouring. x

Susan said...

I love the image you chose. I've looked at that stamp set several times, but never "took the plunge!" LOL!! It is perfect for this challenge!

Greta said...

Fantastic card, Rosemary--wonderful coloring! Great explanation of the triangle--I'll remember that!