"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 10, 2012

True Strength.....

Hello friends!!  Happy Friday!  It is a gorgeous day here in Western Washington, but I won't be spending it outside.  Got too much to do today to get my oldest ready for a trip to California with his grandparents.    But I do have a card to share.  I made this one the other day knowing I wouldn't have too much time for crafting later in the week.  This is for the current CR84FN color challenge.  The colors this time around are a beautiful purple, blue and green.   And since I can't let the week end without making something for Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday challenge I used her lovely sketch.  And yes... I pretty much followed the sketch to a "T"!  I did think about trying to get outside my box with her sketch, but since I'm so very confortable inside it I decided to stay, lol!



The stamps are from a couple of PTI sets:  Women of Life (which I immediately thought of when I saw the sketch) and Remember.  I stamped the stem portion using Hero Arts Grass chalk ink and the flowers using Memento Danube Blue ink.  Blue rhinestones were added to the centers of the flowers.  The patterned paper (Damask Designs) and the ribbon (Royal Velvet) are also from PTI.   The card base is PTI's New Leaf... which I think really sets off the blues and purples rather nicely.  The sentiment was stamped using Tuxedo Black ink.    I'm quite pleased with how it turned out

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & new leaf; PP:  PTI Damask Designs; Stamps:  PTI; Inks:  Hero Arts & Memento; Ribbon:  PTI; Gems:  Unknown

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Rosemary, those flowers are so pretty, and they make such a lovely garden!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

Christine said...

Very beautiful! The colours are gorgeous!
Hug
Christine

joy said...

So pretty! I love that new leaf color of cardstock!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Rosemary! Love the fun little flowers with the sparkly centers! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lisa Lara said...

WOW is what I say Rosi. I love love those stamped flowers. Then you wowed me again with your stamping on your bottom panel. Gorgeous.

Barb said...

Wow - gorgeous card, Rosie! LOVE the colors!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous as always, Rosie... I love purples with a green mat, the ribbon looks delicious and so does the damask. I couldn't be happier to see your card pop up in my link list again :) :)

Robin K. said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!!!! I giggled over your description:). Love these colors together and agree with your observation about that new cs!

Sue Lelli said...

Rosemary, this card is just FABULOUS! LOVE those flowers with the bling and your bow is just Perfectly GORGEOUS! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! Love the flower garden! The bow and gems are wonderful!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful. I love those flowers with their sparkly centers. Your bow is gorgeous and I like the damask stamping on the lower cardstock panel, too. I wouldn't have thought to do that. Ann

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This card is just stunning, love this color of blue. Thanks for your sweet visit and luv. Hugs

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulously stunning!

Deborah Frings said...

Simply gorgeous. I do like the pretty bling too. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Greta said...

Oh this is beautiful!! Love everything here--colors, ribbon, that wonderful Damask Design paper--everything!