"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 18, 2012

You Make Me....Smile!

Hello friends!!   As another Saturday draws to a close I'm finally getting a chance to post my card for this week's Less is More challenge.  This week Chrissie and Mandi are asking us to tear our paper and/or cardstock... a technique that I haven't used in a very long time!!   Tearing cardstock or paper can make me crazy because it can be hard to tear some cardstock and make it look nice.  But I gave it a go for Chrissie and Mandi!!   I also combined the LIM challenge with this week's Dynamics Duo color combo of River Rock and Black.   




Today I got some happy mail in the form of two new stamp sets that I purchased from Ellen Hutson.  Ellen's business happens to be located about 30 miles from me so when I order things from her I get them right away... Yay!!!  I used one of the sets, Hero Arts/BasicGrey Special Lace, for my card.  I cut the white and black cardstock pieces and then tore the bottom of each piece.   After I stamped the sentiment I added the ribbon using a piece of River Rock ribbon (say that three times fast!!) a button and some twine.  Three small brads finished off the card. 

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! River Rock & Bazzill Raven; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ribbon:  SU! River Rock; Button:  DeNami Designs; Twine:  May Arts; Brads:  American Crafts

37 comments:

Susan said...

Love this design...it always makes a beautiful card.. And your color combination is awesome. Maybe I should check out the color challenge!

Greta said...

Love how this turned out, Rosemary! I haven't seen that stamp & it's so unusual & gives a great look.

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous design, Rosemary. I think that sentiment looks great with the torn paper. Love your ribbon and button treatment. Ann

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Your card is made in the true CAS style that you are so famous for. The design has a simplistic quality with clean lines and a solid colour palette, so your main focus and interest is in the over sized bold sentiment.... it works very well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kathyk said...

Simple, classic - this card ... ROCKS!

Kathyk

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Love your design and the mix of colours! That sentiment is gorgeous! Lol sometimes I find it hard to cut into gorgeous pp not to mind tearing it but you did a great job on the tearing here!

Mandi said...

Superb card Rosie, the torn edges are FAB
Thanks very much
mandi
LIM
ps sorry my previous comment wouldn't load, delete if 2 appear!

Caggy said...

Love the colour combo, v stylish and the extremely neat tearing is right up my street lol!! Caggy x

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous,

Linby said...

Fab tearing and I like the colour combo you used.
Linbyx

Chanray said...

gorgeous card! I love it!

Paula Whittaker said...

super card

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the torn edges Rosemary, wonderful card.

Jo said...

Love the colour combo, very classy :-)

Victoria said...

What a great take on the tearing challenge! It is stunning in these colours!

Pryn said...

This is gorgeous!!! Your paper tearing turned out perfectly :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Fab card!!! I LOVE that sentiment! WOW!!!

Great tearing too - I haven't teared anything in awhile!

Thanks for your blog visit too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the sleek look this color combination lends to the design. Don't be afraid of tearing paper -- from the looks of this card you are an expert at that too :0)

GinaA said...

This is my sort of card, it's simply stunning.

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Rosemary,

I really like your style and your beautiful C&S cards.
These soft tones and clean design are so serene.

Thank You for sharing!

Linda said...

Love this. Very stylish, great colour choice. x

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning CAS card Rosie, who would think torn card could look so elegant:) Love your colour combo.
Val x

Lesley said...

CAS and elegant! I always admire your work Rosie! Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos.

Michelle said...

beautiful design! love the torn edges...perfect effect!

Allisa said...

Fabulous job with the paper tearing, love how you tied off your ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Gillian R said...

What a lovely card.

Melissa said...

How convenient to live so close to such a great company! I just discovered them within the last year or so and, I have to say, I'm hooked! :)

LOVE this clean design and I think you tore that cardstock perfectly! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

shirley-bee said...

Great card, perfect for both challenges.

Loli said...

Hola Rosigirl, i'm glad to see you in my blog every week:D.
Oooh Rosemary, waht beautiful and elegant card, great idea your botton tear paper, great work as always.
A hug from the supermelted island 36oC.We have a heat wave.

JD/ Jill said...

Great CAS card. The sentiment is perfect!

Viv said...

Fabulous again Rosie, I love it :) Viv xx

Lynne said...

Simply beautiful Rosemary.
Lynne xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. So CAS - gorgeous.

Karen x

lililindsay said...

I'm in love with Kraft card at the moment so your beautiful card appealed to me as soon as I saw it.

Chrissie said...

I'm so sorry that I'm late in visiting this week, but I have been on a wonderful cruise to Norway where I didn't have very good Internet coverage!
Thanks so much for your wonderful contribution!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

Congratulations for being a DD Honorable Mention for your fantastic card, Rosemary!!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful, I love the calm understated colours and great design, xxx