"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Less Is More and Trying Out a Trend...

Hello friends!!  Happy weekend to you!  Boy is it GORGEOUS here in Western Washington!  Just checked the forecast and it says temps will be in the 90's by evening!! Yikes... a bit too hot for me, but going to enjoy it just the same!  Have a little card I made last night, but didn't get a chance to post until this morning.   As the title of my post indicates this is for the current Less is More challenge to use blue and green.  But what is the trend I'm trying out?  Washi tape!!  I have resisted it for a while now because it is just one of those things that I like when I see other people use it, but when I give it a try my results always appear less than stellar.  Anywhoo... I decided to be brave and give it a try!



For my layout I used the current Retro Sketch.  I pulled out a favorite Hero Arts set, Antique Flowers & Butterflies because it has a little butterfly perfect for the little grouping you see on the sketch and because it comes with matching dies!  But much to my dismay I discovered that the die for the little butterfly is missing!! Ugghh!!  So instead of die cutting all the butterflies I had to cut them out!  Oh well... they still look pretty.   The Washi tape I acquired during my last shopping trip to Impress Rubber Stamps.  I think my biggest problem with Washi tape is the two rolls I had I did not buy and sometimes when I have a paper crafting item that I did not buy it is hard for me to use because it isn't necessarily something I would have picked out.  I did a bit of fiddling with the tape to get the look I wanted and so I'm relatively happy with it and may purchase another roll this week when I go to Impress to pick up some dies I had on order.  My card would also work for CAS-ual Fridays, but not sure if I will include it in their challenge.  The current challenge at A Blog Named Hero is freestyle... anything goes so I will pop it into that challenge.

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Ink:  Stampin Up! Night of Navy; Washi Tape; Hero Arts gems

24 comments:

Chrissie said...

Looks like you're an old hand with the washi tape Rosemary... this is amazing, the little butterflies are beautiful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is another CAS beauty! Love how you used the washi tape!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful card, love how you used the washi tape, and the butterflies are lovely. Thanks for the visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

such a lovely card.. love the Butterflies, Glad its sunny where you are its raining here booo x

Christine said...

Yes, washitape is here in Belgium also a new trend, but I haven't use it yet. When I see how gorgeous your card is, I will take a hurry to go to the shop and buy some of this tape!!
Hug
Christine

Lynne said...

I`ve managed to resist washi tape too but you`ve used it beautifully. Well done on fussy cutting the butterfly`s too, they`re gorgeous.
Lynne xxx

Canonbury creations said...

The washi tape is very effective Rosie in the way you've used it. Love those butterflies, fabulous fussy cutting:)
Val x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
What delightful butterflies, and the use of the green Washi tape is the Pop of colour that relates a warmth to the card, all that glistening White is so clean one would almost complain it is sterile! But CAS does this to me, it drives me crazy because I know I would have to fill the space up.... do you think there is something wrong with me?
It is a card that has an enormous appeal Rosie, even to me.
Smiles:)
Sue

Susan said...

I wish I had some butterfly dies that matched a stamp...would make life easier. I love how the card turned out. I've been watching the washi tape trend too. I've ended up with 3 or 4 rolls of it, but have never used it. Somehow, when I use it, it never looks right.

Michelle said...

Love your use of washi tape! Beautiful take on the sketch and I love the butterflies!

Greta said...

Great use of the washi tape. Just got my first roll, so we'll see if I can do anything with it!

Kelly Griglione said...

I'm a washi newbie ... first used it last week and love it! So glad you jumped on the bandwagon. It works so well on your card!

craftieodmae said...

this is ust gorgeous!!!

anat15 said...

Beautiful clean and simple card!

Victoria said...

These butterflies look marvellous over the washi tape.

Kathyk said...

Simply super and your washi tape looks exactly straight ..... not like mine!

Kathyk

Elizabeth Allan said...

I would say this is MORE than stellar Rosemary... Can't wait to see what else you make with the tape!!

Linda said...

I'm a big fan of washi tape (though for some reason I rarely use it lol), i love LOVE what you've done here. its just lovely

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Good luck

Linda
A Blog Named Hero

kingstonmama said...

This is fabulous, Rosemary. I've never used Washi tape, but I love what you've done with it here. Those butterflies are great!

Linby said...

Great card, love how you used the tape. I have just invested in some so watch this space!
Linbyx

Lucille K said...

Hi Rosemary - This is such a sweet card, I too like this new trend with wasi tape :)

cheiron said...

Wonderful! Love what you have done with the washi tape. Thanks for playing along with Challenge #9 at A Blog Named Hero.

Viv said...

Well it looks fabulous to me Rosie, loving the green tape and the pretty flutterbies too :) Viv xx

Mandi said...

Sensational card Rosise
The tape looks FAB
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"