"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

CCC #8.... Relax

{for my Shining the Light post, please scroll down or click here}

Hello... Its me, again!  Back with my card for this week's CASology challenge.  Wow... I was so completely blown away by all the fabulous cards that were entered into the green challenge!  It was soo hard picking the winner!  All I can say is ladies... You Rock!!!   This week the cue word is Relax.  All the challenge details can be found here.



 

Yes... I used green on my card this week!  I really wanted to use another color, but when I think about things that remind me of the word "relax" the color green is almost always associated with those thoughts!   Green is such a calm and relaxing color to me and I just had to use it!  I went with a white on white design with a pop of green from the ink, the ribbon and pearls.  The layout is based on the current Retro Sketch.  I used a Spellbinders Labels 18 die (the largest one) to cut the white cardstock and then stamped it with a fern image and sentiment from the Flourishes Ferns & Fiddles set.  One edge was trimmed to be flush with the card edge.  Ribbon and pearls finished things off.

Thanks for stopping by....make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team:
Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth and this week's guest designer, Karen! Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Flourishes; Ink:  Stampin Up!; Die:  Spellbinders; Pearls:  Hero Arts; Ribbon:  Stampin Up!

22 comments:

Michelle said...

perfect CAS design! looks beautiful in green!

Anonymous said...

Just looking at these colours makes me feel relaxed.

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card. I think you captured 'relax' perfectly! ;-)

craftieodmae said...

Oh my stars, this is fantastic!!

Barb said...

That soft, pretty green really is relaxing, Rosie - beautiful card!

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous Rosie I love how you place the pearls, it's like they've just relaxed!
Val x

Christine said...

Lovely in that soft green! Great CAS-card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
The name for this hue of Green is Verdant Moss, and it is an excellent attention getter and just as an accent it captures the eye, you know nothing clashes with Green, in every area of design and in a multitude of colour combinations, Green can be used much the same as White.
And nothing will rivet the eye more than a Yellow-Green. Yes, Green is relaxing, it is also calming and refreshing, next time your motivation goes walk-about pick up this colour and magic happens!
Your card is elegant, crisp and clean Rosie, I am sure we are all more relaxed after viewing it.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jan Castle said...

Your card does conjure up thought of relaxing...in fact, I think I will take my i-Pad to my easy chair and read a bit! Thanks for sharing the idea...LOVE your card!
It's soooooooooooooooooooo relaxin....
oops, relaxing!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, so relaxing indeed. Your ribbon is such a lovely accent.

Greta said...

Such a lovely card, Rosemary & talk about the perfect sentiment for the challenge--Love it!

Darnell said...

Mmmm, very pretty and it evokes a very relaxing scene, Rosemary! Under a tree, in a hammock ...

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful, Rosemary. I love the image and color you've chosen. Perfect sentiment. Must remember that. Just breathe. :) Ann

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary you captured "relax" perfectly in your design!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Love all the white space with the touch of green.

Ardyth said...

I feel very Zen just looking at this beautifully serene card!

Judy1223 said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! Definitely captures the essence of relaxation!

Jen W. said...

Love the scattering of gems and that bow is absolutely perfect!!

Viv said...

This is soooo very fabulous Rosie....I have no words :) Viv xx

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Car Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that delicate branch and those random pearls!

Benzi said...

Your fern is so pretty. I love the sentiment..it sounds very relaxing. Gorgeous creation!