"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CCC #6... School Time

{for my Shining the Light post scroll down or click here.}

Hello friends... I'm back with my card for this week's CASology challenge!!  This week our cue word is "school".   You can find all the details for this week's challenge here.  Our guest designer this week is Shirley!!
 !






When I saw the cue word for this week I knew exactly what I was going to use to make my card.  A really cool set from Taylored Expressions called The Places You Will Go.  This set has some really fun images and great quotes from people like Dr. Seuss.  I made my card a graduation card and used one of the Dr. Seuss quotes along with a little balloon with morter board image.  The overall design was very plain so to jazz things up a bit I colored the hat with Copic markers and added some Diamond Stickles.  The last detail was to round one corner of the image panel, as well as the card base.

Thanks for stopping by....make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team:
Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth and this week's guest designer, Shirley! Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Basic Grey; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Diamond Stickles; Copic Marker; Fiskar corner rounder

26 comments:

Ardyth said...

Lovely CAS card - love the bling!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful CAS Graduation card. Love that sentiment and the hat with the added sparkle is the perfect touch.
hugs,
Chris

Lisa Elton said...

What a great little card! Love the sparkly balloon ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary what an excellent card, love the glitter and that is my absolute favourite Dr. Seuss quote!

Melissa said...

Thanks for reminding me that I actually have that set (a bit neglected) in my stash! :) Love your CAS design! That little glittered balloon with its hat is too cute!

Sarah said...

Hi Rosemary

Absolutely Fabulous card. Love the Balloon with the Mortar Board Hat and the quote is amazing! Very inspirational! Enjoy your day!

Sarah x

Christine said...

What a nice sentiment! A great CAS-card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Jan Castle said...

Cute take on the theme!!!!

craftieodmae said...

another fantastic card, love the sentiment!

kingstonmama said...

Cute card and I love the Dr. Seuss quote! :) Ann

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I am thinking why I have not picked up any clues and ideas from my time following and appraising your CAS cards, I must be slow in the uptake, because this card is truly CAS; it is an absolute; and that is what I should be achieving but alas it is not to be. Your card naturally is lovely.
I was having a good day, now I have to post up my next CAS attempt.....how depressing.
Smiles:)
Sue

Gillian R said...

Lovely card, very elegant

Cards By Jan said...

This is a very pretty Grad card.I love the CAS, and its cute as a button!!
Hugs

Judy1223 said...

Yep, I can see why you knew exactly what to use...this card is perfect for a graduate! I LOVE the sentiment...Dr. Seuss says it best!

Darnell said...

This makes the best graduation card! Love your sparkly balloon and Dr. Seuss sentiments!!

Greta said...

Oh I like this--the Stickles are a great touch! Wonderfully done, Rosemary!

Lisa Lara said...

This is cool Rosi!

walchowDesign said...

Great CAS card and the stickles gives such a great touch to the card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the balance that this design has and the fun glitter on the balloon is just the right accent!

shirley-bee said...

What a great quote! And I love the balloon with the mortar board!

Martha said...

What a super-adorable CAS card, Rosemary! Love how you used the balloon with the quote.

Michelle said...

I love this, Rosemary! Can't wait to play...this should be fun!

Suze Bain said...

This is just fab Rosemary, love the sparkly balloon and the sentiment is perfect. xx

Robin K. said...

What a perfect design for a grad card!!! I think I "need" that set:)

Viv said...

Just fabulous Rosie :) Viv xx

Lucille K said...

Love your graduation card Rosi.