"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let Life's....

Hello friends!!   Found some time today to make a card for the current Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge.  Haven't done a Timeless Tuesday in ages, but when I saw that the challenge was to use kraft I just had to make some thing.... I love me some kraft!!   I combined the challenge with Chupa's current Sketchbook Saturday sketch because.... I love me some Sketchbook Saturday sketches, lol!!



I just had to use one of my very favorite Flourishes sets, Sunflowers, for my card.  For me combining the sunflower images with kraft is like a marriage made in heaven... they go together perfectly!  Colored the large sunflower with Copic markers and then trimmed it out.  The Spellbinders Lacey circle was die cut from some yellow PTI Distressed Dots paper and then a Spellbinders Plain circle was die cut from Vintage Cream.  I stamped the smaller sunflower image on some kraft cardstock that was cut to fit the card front using VersaMark watermark ink and then the sentiment was stamped over that with Tuxedo Black ink.  I finished the card off with some Pure Poppy double stitched ribbon to pick up the red in the little ladybug sitting on the sunflower. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft and Vintage Cream; PP:  PTI Distress Dots; Stamps:  Flourishes; Dies:  Spellbinders; Copic Markers (Y21, Y23, Y35, Y38, E13 & E29); PTI Pure Poppy Double Stitch ribbon; Ink:  Tuxedo Black, VersaMagic

15 comments:

Rom-a said...

Oh...that's so so pretty! Love your card!
Hugs and smiles

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

EEEK!!! Kraft with tone-in-tone bg stamping, fabulous red ribbon and an awesome colouring... what's not to love?? You rock, g/f!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
The sunflower with the ladybird, is wonderful this one does have movement!!!!!!!!Ha
Your tone on tone Stamping adds a lovely interest to the Bg.
And your Red ribbon; perfect.
Smiles:)
Sue

Judy1223 said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary!

Cards By Jan said...

Rosemary...this is stunning!! what a gorgeous bloom...just like the ones I have in my garden, perfect bow to match the little lady bug on the leaf!!
Hugs

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, how pretty is that!! Love the big bloom and that is one PERFECTLY tied bow. Sweet! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC. :)

Christine said...

That sunflower is fantastic! Gorgeous card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Robin K. said...

I looooove this Rosemary!!! The subtle bg stamping, the pop of red and the gorgeous sunflower are awesome!

Greta said...

Beautiful card with wonderful colors & coloring! Just gorgeous, Rosemary!

Viv said...

Fabulous card Rosie and I love that beautiful sunflower too :) Viv xx

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I just love your color choices Rosi. Love that pop of color with the red ribbon and beautiful sunflower on the kraft.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful combination of the red ladybug and the gorgeous ribbon. The colors of the sunflower are fabulous!

Bev Gomez said...

hey there Rosi, thanks for your kind comment on my card. I like your blog!
Hugs, Bev

Michelle said...

i love stamping on kraft! beautiful coloring and bow!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous colouring on your sunflower and that red ribbon just makes the whole card pop!