"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Birthday to You....

Hello friends!!  The week is half way over, the weekend is fast approaching and the summer is just flying by!  Can't believe I need to start thinking about getting my kids school supplies and new clothes!!  Yikes!!  

Anywhoo... have a little card I made using the current Desconstructed Sketch.  Last week I was super excited to see that Jen had picked the card I submitted to her last DS challenge as one of her weekly favorites!!  That had me smiling all day long!!  This week I'm totally bummed because I wasn't able to get the card entered in time!!  Shoot!!   Entering the card in the Flourishes Birthday Wishes challenge.  The papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Tea for Two 6x6 pad and the stamps are from Flourishes, of course. 



I hadn't done one of my litte ribbon/tag combos in a while and decided to make one for this card.  The tag was stamped using Memento Bamboo Leaves and the sentiment using SU!'s So Saffron.  The ribbon (as well as the papers) is from my July Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit.  The buttons are from DeNami Designs and the twine is from May Arts.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft; Bazzill cream & dark red; Stamps:  Flourishes:  Country Charm Labels & Botanical Bookplates; PP:  Cosmo Cricket; Ribbon:  unknown; Twine:  May Arts; Buttons:  DeNami Design; Dies:  Spellbinders Plain & Scallop circles & Grommet Tags

11 comments:

Barb said...

Love those papers, Rosie - pretty card!

craftieodmae said...

a traffic stopper, love the design and paper!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Your papers are so feminine and great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Birthday Celebration!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my gosh Rosemary what a beautiful card.

Christine said...

Beautiful card Rosy! Nice paper and colours.
Hug
Christine

ChristineCreations said...

Such a pretty and soothing combination of papers Rosemary! Lovely BD Card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

joy said...

Hi, Rosie! Who wouldn't love receiving this beautiful card for their birthday??? I love those pretty papers and the way you have interpreted the sketch so meticulously. Just fabulous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This summery collage of gorgeous papers on this card make me smile....beautiful!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, lovely shades and layout. Thankyou for the birthday wishes too :) Viv xx

Michelle said...

oooh! such pretty papers and lovely layers!

Greta said...

I just love this card, Rosemary! Wonderful papers & you used that sketch to perfection!