"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 25, 2012

To Distress or Not to Distress....

That might be the question.... and for me it was to distress, my card that is!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  The sun is shining, the temperature is perfect and Mt. Rainier is out in all its stunning glory!  I just love days like these.  Anywhoo... on to my card.

A few weeks ago I entered a little card I made in a couple of challenge.  One of them being the "white pages" challenge at Catered Crop and low and behold that little card was picked by the super talented Linda owner of Catered Crop as one of the "winning recipe" cards!!   As my British bloggy friends would say I was "completely chuffed" or very happy!  And because of that win I got the opportunity to participate in this week's "Quickfire" round for the new Catered Crop challenge No Stress to Distress.  How fun is that???  Super fun in my book!  So what to do, what to do.... I know!  Use the current Deconstructed Sketch.



I have had a 6x6 pad of Cosmo Cricket's Odds & Ends papers for ages, but had never used it so I decided to remedy that situation and use it for my card.  I made the card a 5" square as the Sizzix Doily die I wanted to use creates a rather large doily and needed a big space. I used two types of distressing for the card, ink distressing using Ranger's Old Paper distress ink and paper distressing using my handy distressing tool from Close to My Heart.   The banner was die cut using a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax die and the sentiment was stamped using Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler.  The fishtail flag was then inked with Old Paper which for some reason causes the SU! ink to smear, but not to worry because I really like how it looks.  A Prima rose and some loops of twine finished off the card.

Thanks for stopping by... make sure to check out the Catered Crop challenge!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft and cream; PP:  Cosmo Cricket; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Ink:  Ranger Old Paper & SU! Cherry Cobbler; Rose:  Prima; Twine:  May Arts

10 comments:

Barb said...

Love these pretty colors, Rosie, and your layering is always done to perfection! That flower is gorgeous!

Greta said...

Oh this came out so beautiful, Rosemary! You are so good at making sketches come to life!

craftieodmae said...

breathtaking! Love the paper and that gorgeous flower!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is SO lovely! Look at all that beautiful layering! Love the colors and flower.

Linda McClain said...

Oh Rosemary, It's stunning. And perfect for our challenge. I'm completely chuffed to have you (hope I said that right).

Judy1223 said...

I knew I recognized that beautiful paper...you do these sketch interpretations so well and I LOVE the distressing! Well done...again!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Rosemary on all your happy news! Beautiful design!

Jen Shults said...

This is really pretty! I love the gorgeous flower you added to your projects! Thanks so much for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Michelle said...

so very pretty, Rosemary! love the distressed edges!

Robin K. said...

Your creativity just comes alive when you use a sketch Rosemary!! Love these sweet pp's too!!