"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Flourishes Birthday Fun...

Hello friends!!  I have a couple more cards that I made for the Flourishes birthday celebration!  Flourishes is turning 5 and they are having a party!!  And with that party comes some fantastic challenges and opportunities to wins some fabulous prizes.  I was determined to make sure that I completed all four challenges!  Last week I got two done and today I'm sharing the final two.



First up is my card for the color challenge.  I went with a really simple design for my card.  I used the Flourishes set Love and Lace to create a Mother's Day card.   I stamped the wreath image from the set using SU! Pumpkin Pie ink, die cut it with a Spellbinders plain circle die and then ink distressed the edges using Ranger's Old Paper distress ink.  The mother image as stamped using SU! Pretty in Ink, die cut and ink distressed, as well.  I inked the edges of the white cardstock piece with Old Paper ink, as well.  The two images were layered using foam dimensionals. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Bluebell 6x6 pad.  I finished the card of with some green pleated ribbon from Stampin Up! and a sentiment in the lower right hand corner.


 
 
My second card is for the sweet challenge.  When I saw that challenge I immediately thought of cupcakes or cake... and I don't have any Flourishes sets with either of those things in them!  The I had a "doh" moment!  I could use the peaches image from the Cherries & Peaches set.  I colored the image with Copics and then trimmed it out.  The mustard colored cardstock was die cut using a Labels 18 die with a portion of it trimmed off one side.  After tying the ribbon around the cardstock piece I layered the die cut, the peaches image and the buttons.  And once, again, I stamped the sentiment in the lower right hand corner!  Seriously... didn't plan that one!! 
Thanks for stopping by....
 
 


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Bazzill coral and mustard; PP:  My Minds Eye; Stamps:  Flourishes; Ribbon:  PTI; Button:  PTI; Dies:  Spellbinders; Ink:  Memento, Stampin Up! and Ranger; Copic Markers

9 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
You had a 'Doh moment'! I have those too!
Great cards as always, you have done really well to complete all four, and all with exceptional designs.
Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue

HappyCrafter said...

These are both beautiful, though I have to say I just LOVE that mother and baby silhouette!

Greta said...

Both cards are wonderful, Rosemary! I especially love how you designed the peaches card--love looking at it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

It is a happy Friday for me....getting to see two of your fabulous cards in one post!

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards again Rosie, you did it again :) Viv xx

Brenda said...

These cards are beautiful. Those peaches look so yummy!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love both of your cards!! The colors and layout of the first one are so great, and the cut peaches on the second one are just yummy.

ChristineCreations said...

Both such pretty cards, I love the layering of the color on the Mother's Day card, and I'm so partial to that delicious coloring and layout on the peaches! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes Rosemary!

Michelle said...

I just love the sweet mother/baby image and beautiful floral frame! The peaches looks so delicious...good enough to eat!