"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Little Bird.....

Hello friends!!   Here with my card for this week's Less is More challenge.  This week is one layer cards and Chrissie and Mandi have asked us to use either "fur or feathers" on our projects.  I decided to go with feathers since I recently got the Our Daily Bread Designs set "You Will Find Refuge" set that has this sweet little bird in the set and I have been wanting to ink it up.   



I stamped the bird using VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and then colored the image using Tsukineko Brushstix and various colors of VersaMagic ink.  This is my first time using the Brushstix on a card that I was willing to post on my blog so please be kind.  When I had previously tried using the Brushstix I realized that the type of cardstock I like to use (PTI's Stampers Select White) isn't the best choice.  So I tried it this time with a smooth cardstock and got a much better result.   Now that I have found a cardstock that works well with the Brushstix I hope to do more coloring with them. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill smooth white; Stamps:  ODBD You Will Find Refuge & Thank You Messages; Inks:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia, VersaMagic Brick Red, Straw, Gingerbread, Jumbo Java, & Sahara Sand; Memento Tuxedo Black; Brushstix

31 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Oh Rosie what a gorgeous bird:) You've achieved a wonderful finish with your brushtix, it made me want to stroke him.
Val x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous bird...... Stunning card....
hugs sylvie xxx

Pokey Puppy said...

This is a beautiful card! (I would be more than happy to receive it.)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Once again a most delightful card.
Smiles:)
Sue

joy said...

Such a beautiful bird image and the brushstix coloring is soft and pretty, too!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful, Rosemary. I love your bird and coloring. Ann Y.

Karen M said...

Beautiful card - that bird is so sweet, hugs x x

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card Rosie
Beautifully coloured
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

The-crafty-corner said...

Hello there-Just wanted to say what a beautiful card :) x

Christiana said...

Aw, that birdie is SO SWEET! Absolutely the cutest.

Suze Bain said...

What a beautiful stamp Rosemary and your colouring is gorgeous. xx

Linby said...

Beautiful work.
Linbyx

Lynne said...

Absolutely fabulous Rosemary.
Lynne xxx

Christine said...

Very beautiful Rosy! That bird is gorgeous!
Hug
Christine

Jo said...

Beautiful x

Susan said...

That bird image is awesome! I don't think I've ever purchased from ODBD before. Might need to check them out! Awesome card!

Chrissie said...

What a sweetie Rosemary, this is a lovely image and you have treated it so sympathetically!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lucille K said...

You have colored this sweet bird so nicely, very nice card Rosie :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Very pretty. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! I wish I had thought to use that stamp. ;)

Elizabeth Allan said...

You captured the soft and feathery texture of the bird magnificently Rosemary!

Viv said...

Such a cute bird Rosie another lovely card again :) Viv xx

Conniecrafter said...

Very pretty coloring, lovely card!

Michelle said...

Sweet bird, Rosemary! Love how you colored him!

Darnell said...

Fantastic execution, Rosemary! You've given it a hand-sketched-in-sepia quality that is very striking!!

Unknown said...

Lovely image - beautifully coloured.

Karen x

Linda said...

Love this card. Beautiful bird stamp and I love how you've coloured him. x

Greta said...

Glad you're happy with the brushstix--I really like using them. This came out so lovely!

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, That's one beautiful card, lovely bird and great colouring, Gay xxx

Jessica Strider said...

Whatever you did, do more of it, as the colouring job on this is fantastic!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Rosie. x