"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

just because....

Hello friends!!!  Have a little card today for the current Dynamic Duos challenge.  The layout is based on Chupa's current Sketchbook Saturday sketch and boy oh boy did I give myself a challenge when I combined the two!  I spent quite sometime on this card to make the monochromatic color combo with the sketch, but in the end I think I succeeded quite nicely.



 
 
I used a favorite Taylored Expressions set called Make it Amazing.  The set is full of lovely butterfly images and beautiful sentiments.  The other thing I like about the set is that it has a set of matching dies which I used for the card.  Initially I had some patterned paper in the mix, but in the end got rid of it because it just wasn't working for me.   This was one of those cards that as I was putting all of the elements together I wasn't too sure it would work, but once I had the card completed I really liked the overall effect.   Thinking about putting this into one of the Moxie Fab challenges... the asymetrical challenge.  What do you think?    ETA:  Decided to pop this into the above mentioned MF challenge!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & royal velvet; Inks:  SU! Wisteria Wonder & Memento Grape Jelly; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Dies:  Taylored Expressions & My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax dies; Ribbon:  PTI Royal Velvet; Buttons:  PTI Plum Pudding

17 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary, I love your butterfly.

Lisa Elton said...

I agree your finished project looks great! Love your cluster of prettiness and the ribbon/button tab! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Canonbury creations said...

What do I think Rosie, I think it's so so beautiful! I love the colour and the matching stamps and dies are fabulous. Your design layouts always inspire me:)
Val x

Christine said...

Another lovely card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Viv said...

The set is aptly named 'cos this IS amazing! Lovely card, adore it.

Michelle said...

SOOOOOOO beautiful, Rosemary! Love the cluster of leaves and butterfly!

craftieodmae said...

another beauty!!!

Lesley said...

Wow Rosie, you aced this! Love that cluster of beauty you have created and all the white space. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.
Smiles,
lesley

Kath said...

A fabulous card - the elements all work together beautifully.
Kath x

Allisa said...

Love the layers and your ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Robin K. said...

Me thinks you should enter it in either the focal point or asymmetrical challenge!! Love how you put this together!

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you placed all your images and created the focal point Rosemary and balanced your card with the ribbon and button. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Darnell said...

Mmm, you make everything look so effortless, Rosemary! I love how you laid out your colors against that crisp white. Definitely link up with Moxie Fab!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I know I say it often, but your card is just perfect! You combined difficult colours (at least for me) in the most beautiful way :)

Aileen said...

Beautifully done. Love the ribbon detail at the top. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...love the colour...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)