"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ODBDSLC119.... With Sympathy

Hello friends!! Its Tuesday and that means time for another Shining the Light challenge!!  YAY!!  This week the challenge team is asking you to use sponging (or inking as I like to call it) on your project.  Once, again, we are joined by our very talented guest designer, Linda!



For my card I used the ODBD sets Bird & Butterfly Labels and Loving Memories.  I stamped the label using SU!'s So Saffron ink, die cut the label using the matching Labels 18 die and then applied Rangers Old Paper Distress ink to the image to create the soft look I wanted.   The papers are from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart 6x6 pad... love those My Mind's Eye papers!!  The layout for the card is based on this month's Sketch for You to Try and once, again, I used my favorite Fishtail Flag Stax dies from My Favorite Things.  


As always, we will be giving out a prize, a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, August 19th at 8:00 pm EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Design images and sentiments on your projects, we would definitely love to see them if you have them!! As a way of recognizing those who do use ODBD stamps we will be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, August 19th at 8:00 pm EST. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword: ODBDSLC119. When creating your post on your blog, please include a direct link to the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Kathy, Chris, Sabrina and this month's guest designer, Linda! To join in the fun, please click here.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft and vintage cream; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  ODBD; Inks:  Stamping Up! & Ranger; Dies:  Spellbinders and My Favorite Things; Brad:  My Mind's Eye;

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Rosemary!! I just love your choice of colors with the kraft, the subtle sponging, and your use of the bird frames.
hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

This is beautiful Rosemary!! I love your soft colours, awesome set...and perfect for a sympathy card!!
Hugs

Kathy said...

Beautiful Rosemary! I love how you put things together, and the label came out great! I have this set on my wish list...so pretty! Blessings! Kathy

Greta said...

I have that Bird & Butterfly Labels set on my wishlist--now I really want it! This is just beautiful!

Nancy Thomas said...

So beautiful and soft. Just gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Love the sublte colors and your take on the sketch!

Jan Marie said...

Love this beauty. . the colors, the panels, and the bird and butterfly border, too!! Nice work!!

Jan Marie said...

What a beauty!! Love that border stamp!! (Really, Kelley we didn't compare notes!! :D) Hugs!

Saints Rule! said...

This is beautiful Rosi! I love those sweet pops of color and fun layout! Beautifully done! So sorry it has taken me a bit to comment but know I miss ya! Hugs!

Lori

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Wow! Rosemary this is wonderful! Love the layout and the papers you chose!!!!

Robin K. said...

Gorgeous color combo Rosemary! You always use sketches so well:)